Future of AO economy

Future of AO economy
effort 0.0 0 quality 0.0 0 reasonability 5.0 1

So I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and by that I mean thinking about how will the future of AO’s economy look. As some of you know, in AA your Lamina income would become higher every sea further you got, drastically.

My idea is simple, instead of making next seas better in every way than the previous one, and have more expensive wares, I’d make the income raise slightly, while wares get their level cap raised with small price increase. This would make it better for the economies of previous seas, because think about it - if AO would get popular and tons of new players would join, having a friend with (let’s say) lvl 500 that also has a few hundred thousands of galleons would give them an unfair advantage, if the friend however would have a little higher amount of income than an average Bronze Sea player, that would actually be fair. The thing that makes me wonder if this is a good idea are ships - these wares have a HUGE price increase from previous ones, which was confirmed in the Dark Sea update that brought the Brig. And if the next ships are going to cost even more money, possibly a few times more than a Brig, the economy idea of mine would not be the best. Overall, I think that the money gain potential in each sea should be enough to get a ship that „represents” that sea, while not making it more overpowered than previous one(s).

Adding inflation into AO, also I thought this was already planned?
I thought it was obvious that prices were going to increase in the next sea

In this post, I tried to tell that it shouldn’t be like it was in AA. It should increase a lil bit, inflation would suck for newer players, and making it be like it was in AA could lead to it. Basically.

but then higher level players from later seas would just go to low level areas to farm ships with their maxed out galleon that does like 12000 damage on a ram, gaining about the same amount of money per sealed chest at way less effort than they would’ve had to go through in their intended sea

:nod:

So, this is already happening. Players on the richer side can buy a few brigs and still have enough money to buy out every shop in the bronze sea. I know this because I am, and it’s not going to change any significant amount if this were to be added, players on the richer side can carry 3 new players to be mid level, and still have money to spare.

There is no such thing as a stable economy in which every member can spontaneously create currency.

We need more galleon sinks, a much lower galleon limit, and something to actually spend our bloody money on.

dont worry about that, ships will cost at least 50k from now on

That’s just two round trips of Ravenna cargo to Frostmill if you have a brig and like 10k.

You’re right, I didn’t take this into consideration…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.