Goodbye, Kandy

I could see rule 4 violations, maybe 2.1 depending on interpretation but the fact that no actual rules/clauses/whatever they’re called were cited in his ban just leaves me sitting here like “lol, could we maybe see some evidence”

as far as Artanaris goes I kinda just said it as a joke, but tbf he’s very fond of banning/punishing people on forums, it’s pretty much one of his main hobbies as far as I’m aware

Yah, betting over getting someone banned is perfect moderation

stop playing

It’s actually better than vetcord moderation tho ngl

6 Likes

yea that’s not ok at all.

if night is betting money or some shit on people getting banned, of course he’s going to be ridiculously harsh on them.
that is corrupt as fuck.

can somebody remind me why he’s a mod?

Probs not actually betting anything tangible, just flex points ig

And tbf a shit ton of other mods ban the same way

yea what level said, either way its not a good look for him lol

free kandy

Free rellorT :fist:

thank you for correcting me

1 Like

:moyai: amongus

What did I say when I sent the e-mail?

And that’s the first strike!

damn this topic got a mod involved bruh :skull:

You’re welcome!

I’m going to explain the full context of this whole situation.

The Bet

I made a bet with the Artist Hub that specifically stated that I’d try to get new categories for a better sub-division of the overall types of artworks that we have experienced so far: comics, drawings, music and so on.

The bet started as a fun way to see if the Forum could go for a whole month without a punishment, and if so happened then they’d get the new categories, except that there’s a catch: I would have added the categories regardless of the outcome of the bet.

Now, as for the part of “Kandy’s ban” in the bet, it happened when he was about to get banned after I contacted a Mod Supervisor to revise his situation due to his most recent posts.

The Points and the Ban

The first punishment of Kandy dates back to October 2020, when the new rules were introduced.
This punishment added two points.
Then he was issued a warning and as we know, warns are equal to one point.
The second punishment is a mass ping regarding Suncry, which is equal to two points due to the severity of the ping.
Then there’s a third ‘hidden’ punishment that I decided to disregard as a way to hope for him to change for the better.
And finally, here comes the fourth punishment, which initially only included the insulting, but as it turned out it will also include the attempted drama part. (Two points)

Now, what does all of this mean?

It simply means that when I punished him, I forgot to check his first punishment and the warning he already had.
So, when I noticed that he actually had more points than what was stated, I retired the punishment and went to a Mod Supervisor, whose role is below only to Vetex.
I asked them what I should have done in this type of situation since I had made a mistake, and they decided that his latest punishment had to include the drama part.

The Verdict

Summing up all of his punishments, we can safely arrive at least at 7 points, without counting the ‘hidden’ punishment which is the only thing out of the ordinary that has ever happened; because in this case, if the hidden punishment had to be counted, we would have reached 8 to 9 points, far beyond the threshold of the permanent suspension.

Post-Verdict

It was agreed between the mods that Kandy is going to be unbanned and that his points will go back to 6 due to a slight miscalculation. (Along with his in-game warn)

His suspension will be lifted and he will be able to use the Forum instantly after this edit.

6 Likes

Listed for public viewing and clarification.

Opened for civil discussions.

Ok now that the topic is listed and unlocked, how do we refreshen the mood here?

What a bad mod, that’s not how bets work smh