Gotta love dying purely due to RNG, 10/10 game Vetex

Literally just have a health pot on your hotbar

idk what u mean its happened to literally everyone

no it’s the hard and not to be done solo part

not only isn’t it hard, it’s just annoying and tedious.

and a main part of the game shouldn’t have you be forced to play with other people, that’s just dumb.

never said it was forced, just not made for, but also why not its not like ao is singleplayer

annoying and tedious part i can get

Was your brig’s bath broken, or did the lightning strike make you panic?

he got extremely unlucky. water poisoning hit, and a second after red lightning struck. his first response being to heal the damage so he doesn’t immediately decay to death is reasonable, imo. but a situation like this shouldn’t exist in the first place, anyway

What confused me is that he didnt even have the heal pot in his hotbar. That’s his very first mistake considering he could swap it with the 3 useless crap he has in his hotbar.

Some people may not consider the dark sea as “hard” since we could literally do solo expeditions with no problem but not preparing for rng situations despite being hinted throughout the whole mechanic of the dark sea is just gonna be their own fault for dying to be honest.

wouldn’t have changed anything

This stuff is way too common to be considered fair.
Every expedition I do, even to just insanity 1 range, I get struck by lightning a minimum of two times.
When I’m at full health and just sailing, its only mildy annoying.

But if I’m fighting an Atlantean brig, or a mutated Atlantean on an island, getting struck can be the sole cause of my death.

Why should I have to lose to artificial RNG when it is impossible to predict? Add on water poisioning, and even with 1700 hp, the situation in the video is still very possible.

Lightning right now is a extremely flawed feature, and adds nothing to the game.

6 Likes

Random lighting strikes yeah I get the complaints, but I have legitimately never been screwed over by water poisoning. Because I bathe regularly.

I had water poisoning pop up when I was at 200 hp across an island from my ship after fighting an atlantean.

Water poisoning is just as bad as lightning.

Unimpressed GIFs | Tenor

7 Likes

how do you climb onto your ship without falling into the void

while I agree rng deaths are utter bullshit, why are you running 1k health dark sea expeditions bro-

Stuff like this is why I got burnt out with AOs dark sea update
Me and my friend did so many dark sea runs
Majority of our failed runs were because of glitches or stuff like this. Only once did we die because of our own stupidity lol. I get its in early access but can there at least be a clear indicator on when lighting is about to strike? “Listen for when lightning is gonna strike” how?? Dark sea is so loud with all the sounds ive never been able to predict a strike happening.
You shouldn’t just lose HP in video games for no reason. There needs to be a reason, something for the players to adapt to and be able to dodge it to make them feel good for being alert, Not just punishing them for no reason.
Also if your build does not have any defence or any vitality points you’re kinda screwed as random lightning can really screw your run.

While I agree that that combo was shitty, it was entirely preventable (always keeping a heal potion ready and available AND/OR better recovery, running more health)

After the new patch, taking a bath beforehand doesn’t reset the Water poisoning timer either, so you can’t prevent it beforehand anymore

1 Like

Despite what vetex has said, I doubt its ever granted any kind of immunity because it sure didn’t at the start and I’ve never heard anything different.
I’d think he’d mention it in patch notes if he fixed it.

then it’s just another thing of annoyance, we are just forced to always go in the captains quarters and bathe every time if we don’t wanna get poisoning, such fun gameplay!!!

it’s just annoying, and again, add nothing to the game

3 Likes