Grand Navy Brutality at Rasna

After making the tough decision to leave the Assassin Syndicate for Greener Pastures, and paying to get her less than stellar reputation cleaned, Selene decided to travel to Ravenna for some errands. Mainly upgrading and enchanting her Gear. Little did she know how terrible this trip would be for her.

Selene docked her Boat at Rasna’s dock with high hopes and a Pouch full of Galleons waiting to be spent on something. She quickly approached The Alchemist with Stars in her Eyes, and began chatting with him:

“How much to Enchant this?” Selene said, gesturing to her red Hunting Armor.

“53 Galleons,” Said the Alchemist, “But I can’t work on something you’re still wearing.”

“Oh, My bad.” Selene said, before she could even begin to remove her Chestpiece, She felt a Cutlass up against her Neck.

“Found you, Criminal!” The Voice from behind said.

Selene, in a state of panic, quickly freed herself from the unknown aggressor’s grip and dashed over to the Fountain in the middle of Town. She caught a quick breather before looking up and seeing a Grand Navy Vice Captain holding that same Cutlass.

“Surrender, or we will take you in by force!” :crystal_magic_var5: Vice Captian Jefferson :crystal_magic_var5: shouted as several Marines appear from the Alleyways. Selene was confused, the Receptionist at Whitesummit couldn’t have scammed her, so what was going on?

She tried to make him see reason: “You guys must have the wrong person or somethi-”

FINAL WARNING, SURRENDER! NOW!” Yelled Jefferson, his face turning a deep shade of red from anger.

Selene had seen this play out too often: A Grand Navy Captain throwing their weight around at every opportunity, Lashing out at everyone who questions them, yada yada. But those times they were hunting a criminal, But as far as Selene and everyone in Rasna were concerned, she was an upstanding citizen.

“I’m Serious, I’m not a Criminal!” Selene said with a raised voice.

Jefferson wasn’t having any of it. “That’s your cue guys, GET HER!” All the Marines rushed towards Selene.

As she began to run away, Jefferson began using his crystal magic. Saying the chase was chaotic would be an understatement, not a single corner of Town was unoccupied by marines, and Jefferson never relented with his slashes or blasts.

You can’t run away forever!” Jefferson yelled.

“He’s right.” Selene thought. eventually, she would run out of breath or get knocked out by a well-placed attack if she didn’t end this fight soon.

Selene finally began retaliating with her Fire magic, using Explosions and Pillars to quickly deal with many of the Marines. Her eyes were then set on Jefferson. “If I can knock him out, maybe the rest of the Marines will flee.”

She set him on fire with a Quick Beam, then a Flurry of Small Blasts, some Pillars, and finally defeated him with a Self-Explosion.

“Just wait until the Higher-Ups hear about this.” Jefferson said as he passed out.

Selene couldn’t hear the other Marines heading her way anymore. “Maybe they did flee.” Selene thought, exhausted and ready to return to her errands, and maybe get a Drink from the Fountain.

But then:

“Extra Extra! Read all about It!” The Agora Mailman said. Everyone quickly received their Newspapers and read through them, before looking at a rather exhausted Selene in pure horror. She proceeded to read her own Newspaper.

She stared at the Paper with nothing but shock in her eyes. “How did the News even reach Agora that quickly? How is this my fault? WHY IS IT THE TOP STORY?!” Lots of questions flooded Her mind, but she knew one thing for sure:

“There goes my clean slate.” Selene said, sounding defeated.

All the Rasna Commoners’ expressions changed to disgust as they watched her crawl back to her Boat at a Snail’s pace. It seems she’ll have to take her business back to Whitesummit again.

2 Likes