Greek theory

You know cursebeard the guy who is the greatest pirate alive, who force Prometheus to make the sea curses, and the one to kill most of the gods, but the key word is most since aa/ ao/ wom has greek mythology in it, it would make sense that more greek myth people would show up, so these are my theories (plus I am going off of greek myth so take this with a grain of salt)

titans:

Where aa and greek myth split is where instead of fire Prometheus gifts magic, So that means everything before that is the same, so is the precursors of the gods, the titans.
they seem to be the biggest thing that could make a appearance and Oceanus (titan of the sea) seems to be the most possible to return. Now due to Prometheus being a titan I have no clue if he sold out his kin or not, so only time (and vetex ) will tell.

the primordial deities

these are the precursors to the gods and titans, Gaia Ouranos and Nyx are examples, while yes it does seem more likely they won’t be in ao but they were birthed from chaos so they must be still alive. (fun fact: Aphrodite originated from the cut ball sack of Ouranos, said sack was cut by Cronos (titan of time))

other god and their children

Just like the forum Greek mythology is horny as duce, Zeus boned as much as people boned animals (or get boned by animals in the minotaur’s case.), sure Zeus is dead but that doesn’t leave out the other gods, so… Perseus anyone.

so this is just me rambling about gods and crap and some possible ideas, you can add on below.

5 Likes

It’s possible persephone is alive in AO since hades took persephone from her mother, then made a deal with her mother to have persephone for spring then he gets to keep her for the rest. Depending on the date of when mount olympus fell persephone may not be up there and may not have died

1 Like

yeah, but that’s the thing, we don’t know when Olympus fell, some gods like Ares and Hephaestus were born by Zeus and Hera, I neglected to put typhus on here due to the fact we have no idea when Zeus died.

1 Like

really wishing Arcane lore followed Greek lore more, or more accurately that the characters were more derived from the source material since i find it much more interesting than how any of the deithic characters were in lore/story for it

1 Like

i mean its pretty fun to think about other gods and stuff in Arcane Form

I considered drawing AA Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Cronos and Thanatos

1 Like

Bro I had the exact same idea. I honestly am super pumped about just the THOUGHT of them existing enough to be working on my own idea.

1 Like

yep, I feel like the titans will play some role in the future of ao or at least what comes after it, I mean ao will be fleshing out the war ages more. Heck we may find out how curses are made.

1 Like

In Greek mythology he didn’t “sell out” his kin, he just didn’t fight in the war

You just said yourself, Zeus is dead, Commander Apollo was likely the only god to have a lot of affairs since Poseidon was too busy doing actual fighting and Hades didn’t have much affairs at all

This is way way after Humanity already got fire, so not a chance

1 Like

Greek lore is more inconsistent than AA lore and that’s saying something

true but it’s more dynamic (which is a given bc of how long it’s had to marinate and develop vs aa)

basically the characters are exponentially more interesting in Greek mythos

I was saying he sold his kin to cursebeard saying “hey, I have siblings that are way more powerful than you and ten fold my parents” to hopefully buy time to make the grand fire curses, or to save his skin.

yeah I forgot he was a son of Zeus, I was thinking of Percy Jackson when writing this.

Only Themis, Prometheus, and Atlas weren’t cast to Tartarus after the war and sometimes some obscure minor deitiy titans that depend on the story you’re reading

Atlas has been confirmed by Tech to be in Tartarus

I seriously doubt Prom would sell out his mom, the Titaness of law and order since Themis would very clearly know what Prom is doing is against Law and Order

image image

nearly everyone from greek myth is either dead, sealed in a hole somewhere, or never even came into existence due to how derailed history became

the titans would probably have just been more powerful gods realistically speaking, ruling over larger domains
however I’m willing to bet any on earth were sealed by gods

while alive maybe, I doubt they would give 2 fucks about humanity

the gods are practically all sealed by the time AA/AO are a thing
most descendants of gods would probably be mortal, so any strength from those bloodlines would fade out over time
any from greek myth are almost certainly dead

1 Like

i just wanna see my girls Nyx, Gaia, Chaos (can be fem or male actually) , Hecate, Artemis, Athena, the Keres, Chimera, Echidna, Sphinx, Charybdis, Scylla, Circe (lol), Achlys, etc.

hello internet, welcome to greek theory

To be fair the greek stuff feels hand-fisted into Arcane and feels like the product of a kid learning about greek mythos while writing stuff.

1 Like

neerd

Me when

The when when the

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.