Gun control

I feel like the state of gun control laws in the US are hopelessly inadequate.

Everyone who complains about gun control and how “oh if I didn’t have my gun then I would be defenseless against a criminal with one!” is just a hopeless, powerless individual who lets the mild amount of feeling of power that holding a gun might give rush through their head.

Those are the sorts of people that cause most gun violence in the USA. Gun control has been proven to work extremely well in countries such as Japan and the Scandinavian area, where gun control is extremely strict.

According to the logic of anti-gun control supporters, these areas should be riddled with robbery, due to the inability to defend oneself against a criminal with arms. However, because guns are so difficult to get, and that just having one can and will get you at least inspected by the police, this is not true. Granted, these nations also have the boon of not being ran by Smith and Wesson, along with other corporations, helping a lot with the social services area and general welfare of the nation, which are factors that help lesser crime.

Police brutality is another factor that gun control laws affect. In places such as Hong Kong, and most of Asia, police brutality is extremely unheard of, because gun control laws are so strict that even police can’t have weaponry. Weapons in general aren’t easy to acquire, and instead the police are armed with “Man Catcher” poles, which are sort of like a pole with a crescent shape at the end, intended to pin down and hold someone until more police, with more poles, arrive.

To prove another point, let’s take shootings. The USA is notorious for countless school shootings, and yet instead of doing something productive, such as, hypothetically, making gun ownership harder than just a simple background check, instead we have geniuses design new schools like CoD maps

(this is not a joke. Schools are being designed with elements in mind that shooter game maps are designed with.)

School shootings still happen in nations like the ones above. But the term “Shooting” is misleading, because these are instead done with weapons such as knives or, in one case, a shovel. The amount of shootings are also much lower because said countries, again, are not ran by corporations.

Gun control laws are not an infringement of your rights, but instead literally just exist to help protect you. Americans in general seem to be the most susceptible to completely ignoring major issues in a country, considering all the horrible news headlines relating to USA. Gun control is the key to a safer nation, and the USA is allergic to that.

Anyways, guns aren’t really that great aside from the musket, and that’s only if you can land Piercing shot. Realistically a poison tooth dagger is more effective damage wise and mobility wise.

5 Likes

no fricking way :sob:

check out the new mw2 map

2 Likes

schools like that would actually be sick locations for paintball fights

wrong gun discussion bud, lol

Could also put armed polices officers in the lobbies, theres no real reason not too. Only argument I’ve ever heard against it is that “it’ll feel like a prison” which is entirely false. Considering that majority of people actually think their school officers are armed when they’re not, so I don’t think it’s that bad of an idea

N majority of mass shootings are from illegal guns which we can’t do much about, smugglers will smuggle. Also background checks are good they’re just oddly bad here?

That one trans shooter who shot up that catholic school was dealing with a whole chest full of mental illness managed to get ahold of an ar-15. No idea who let someone whos mentally deranged have access to firearms.

The answer to “Gun Violence” is not “More Guns”

school shootings aren’t solved by making them school shootouts

1 Like

my school’s officer was 100% armed unless the gun I clearly saw holstered was a fake for some reason so I dunno what you’re talking about there.

Didn’t feel like a prison either lol. Everybody in the building likes the guy.

ok hear me out the police should be able to do their job.
genuinely what is the point of having an officer at school to prevent shootings if they can’t shoot back? what are they gonna do? punch the guy?

1 Like

Bit of a dumb take from you ngl
Illegal guns will always exist in the USA, theres no reason not to have armed officers on location.
We have armed security guards at banks but not at our schools? School shooters almost always go for schools that are away from law enforcement and any armed buildings (banks etc)

In order to get rid of a school shooter there are always armed cops pulling up on scene, may as well have them already on scene before the shooter can harm anyone.

While I don’t disagree that the background checks are flawed, the real issue with school shooters isn’t so much the legal guns.

I don’t know where you live, but where I am (NYC) school guards were no longer armed as of sometime in 2015 - 2018

Precisely, school guards are normally some of the most liked people in the schools

illegal guns will always exist but making it harder to get legal guns or just have a gun in general will help by a huge degree.

I don’t disagree but if someone wants to shoot up a school they’ll find an illegal gun anyway, I don’t think it’ll have much of an affect.

if the country has even possessing guns such as selling them as extremely difficult, even illegally, then they won’t be able to find a gun

you forget that most of these shooters wouldn’t even know where to find an illegal gun store

Realistically it’s not that hard to get an illegal gun, dark web exists and the FBI takes forever to get search warrants for your homes. Often people buy illegal guns a week (or less) before the shooting happens

I think the real issue with guns in america is how shitty the FBI and CIA are, and the fact that the current background checks are dogshit.

thats wild bruh

Oh fuck I just noticed

I love reading about gun control and related global issues pertaining firearms on a website about lego pirate people with magical powers :hugs:

3 Likes

while we’re at it, what do you guys think about the current political state of America

the vice president is kind of weird ngl

kamala harris I think?

biden and harris are both strange lmao, we havent had a semi normal president in awhile

real

1 Like

oopsies

1 Like