Headless Is A Bit Undervalued

(This is just my opinion, in no way is this confirmed factual)
So personally, I think headless is a bit undervalued. I see everyone saying headless is equal in value to a clean Ss, however, as most people know, headless is usually traded with an overpay such as a strong sunken sword or a clean sunken set on top of a clean sunken sword. So, why is it still considered equal to a clean sunken sword if it’s constantly being overpayed. If a piece of armor is constantly getting overpayed with more than it’s worth, then it’s value should rise, ESPECIALLY headless! Headless for a clean sunken just does NOT sound like a good trade bro, even if it’s “equal” most people would call that trade an L.
What are your thoughts.

1 Like

Headless is the equivalence to a whole student’s college tuition

anybody who sells off a headless head for a clean SS is certified dumb and I would 100% exploit their dumb if I was patient enough to get clean SS.

There’s literally nothing in game worth it right now.

1 Like

if i were to value headless as it is right now, i’d say its worth 5 strong SS because its literally one of the most unique items you wont be able to obtain ever again apart from trading, not to mention that if a person that owns a headless quits the game it makes the value go up. it might not be a lot, but that stacks up over time and it might just end up being one of the most rarest item in ao in a few years’ time

i can see your logic. but it is a vanity item
items with actual uses besides vanity will always come out on top, unless the good items are easy af to get. that’s why strong ss’s are valued more than a headless as of now. they are useful and hard to get.

1 Like

(Small disclaimer, I am biased when it comes to valuing headlesses and I have been absent for a significant amount of time from the community so my opinion is not entirely qualified)

The headless is mainly valued as heavily as it is because of its expected demand after AO’s release, but that in turn might have made it difficult to assign a current, present-day value to such an item. In the long run, it’s likely headlesses will be worth significantly more than anything right now. In the short run, the current value is decent at setting the fair minimum for obtaining a headless.

Once again, biased and underqualified, take this with a grain of salt.

1 Like

To be fair though i have nearly 0 experience in trading stuff and i was speculating on my own value, so i might have to agree with ya there

2 Likes

What exactly is the appeal of the headless outside of rarity? I don’t see too many ways it can work on a character.

It may be the appeal of rarity as the only event challenge reward item in WoM, and the vanity appeal of an item which removes a body part.

More experienced and knowledgeable players may have additional or different reasons, but those two are just what come to mind.

2 Likes

Scrolls, especially Ancient Magic Scrolls, should be far higher worth that Headless.
Headless is only vanity. It doesn’t do anything but you remove your head.
Scrolls, however, make your experience better by giving you something really good and even OP. If you have a magic scroll, that’s extremely unique.

The value of an item and the usefulness of an item are only tangentially related. The biggest factor in the value of an item is its rarity. Gold was the most valuable item for thousands of years despite it being pretty much useless before computers were invented. NFTs are entirely useless digital post-it notes that ascribe ownership of random things, files, or concepts to tech nerds. Despite being used for absolutely nothing, some sell for millions of dollars in real life.

You also have to realize it’s the most sought after vanity item in the game and will be for a VERY long time. A LOT of people like and want the headless head on actual roblox, so having it in-game for their character is very exciting. Another thing I think people disregard is how rare headless is, in fact, only around 5,000 players completed the Halloween event, per say the badge. Think about how many of those players are inactive, those who got banned, those who sold/traded it not knowing its true value, that only leaves around 2-3k people having the headless head out of 1-2 million people that have played the game!

Don’t trust the badge completely. I don’t have the badge and had two headless heads by the time the event ended. Some players got multiple accounts, not just files, with headless heads. You could probably double the number it says on the badges and you’d be closer. I know I was far form the only one who did this too.

I don’t know why I decided to argue
Because I’m even more jealous of people having headless lol

Makes sense, yes, alts were made and a lot more people got headless heads than the badge says, however my argument stays valid, the amount of headless heads in circulation are limited.

1 Like

A number of around 6100-6500 headlesses (not including headlesses that were permanently lost by bans, accidental item selling/file deletion, etc) would likely be more accurate, considering that most of the players who completed the event likely didn’t do it with the mindset of collecting valuable items to trade for in the next update, but just to complete the event for a vanity they’ll likely never trade due to personal attachment. Also, I doubt that most players knew that deleting the badge would allow for a retake, and possibly went to complete the event on an alt account instead.

3 Likes

When Headless gets really valuable, there’s gonna be that one YouTuber who makes a video titled “DELETING MY HEADLESS HEAD AT 3:00AM (EMOTIONAL)” swear to god

3 Likes

(GONE WRONG) :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: