Horse update removed

with horses you will most likely not be able to jump through a river and you will probably have to avoid mountains and stuff

its still in the features tab on the trello tho unknown (1)

5 Likes

itll probably be added onto another update

Mainly horses would be for the road system

then vetex probably just delayed the update to release something more important ealier

like guilds

i totally forgot about those, you have a point there

Honestly creature AI and animations are just a pain in general. Fish only needed to turn and move in a straight line occasionally to look realistic enough. Horses would look weird unless a considerable amount of time was spent making realistic animations with smooth transitions between each movement (for example, if a horse was running and then it suddenly needed to stop, it freezing with its legs in the air would look weird).

Dont waste your time on Ultra lol
Just go on your day.

:(

you sier are genus

>talking about using flight for mobility
>gold flight exists

tbh horses didn’t really fit the map and setting of the game so myeah. Wish we could sail again since that was hella fun but oof guess not.

You might be right actually. He’s probably just planning to add it later, after some other unlisted update.

I doubt Vetex would be able to create horses though.

from this post

https://streamable.com/g0g6vm
It’s only like a 50% increase in speed :frcryin:

not even considering that the geography of the map doesn’t really help horses

i mean eh i agree that this is too early for horses but my guess is it’d probably just be like botw follow the main path type thing,

like horses would be useful if you just followed the road since i assume they’ll have more stamina and be faster then running speed

theres 2 possibilities why it disappeared:
-It could be that vetex ditched the idea
-or it could be that it would be added to a bigger update as a feature.

i mean…there are a few questions to consider. i expected this actually

first…how would horses scale cliffs…(awkwardly climb up walls???)

second…their behaviour

third…where would they even spawn, 90% of the map is forest. unless there are stables

nah its still in the features category

They’re meant for the main roads everyone :sob: and yes vetex said there would have been stables for them at towns and cities.

1 Like