How accurate do y'all think this statement will be?

sounds reasonably accurate. From how its described in the trello, it sounds like end game grind content

but aside from time its going to take for ancient magic to come out. we do have SOME idea of how it works. as described in the trello, it wont come with any customizable spells and instead spell scrolls will be required to use the magic.

Though its so far in the future, information on it may change

vetex started nimbus sea development on 11/10/2023
mistra update got released on 5/31/2024
= 173 days for a level cap increase of 15
let’s be very generous and say vetex increases the level cap by 15 every 100 days from now on
it would take 1067 days for him to raise the level cap to 300 (where vetex said lost magics would be unlocked)
that’s 3 years tbh i don’t see it happening in 2

edit: i forgot title said ancient magic, not lost, so yeah we’re gonna have to wait a lot

I have a thought…
I wonder how hard it will be for a new player 4 years from now to grind to get to endgame. It took me like 36 hours to max out my first file on release. Ive seen 60 hour files that are like lvl109.

I dont think it matters actually cuz if you really want to max out fast you would lock in but if your just having fun enjoying the moment your probably not worried about endgame anyways

36 * 600 / 125 = 172.8 hours
huh

thats because he is working on big features alongside the story, he will eventually run out of these and make more story focused updates

Quick maths

god we’re so fucking cooked for content

A good amount will be replayable thoe i think alignment update when it does come out will help retain newer players for alot longer. Im pretty stoked for clanbuilding even if its half as good as its hyped up to be

1. i only counted the nimbus sea + port mistral update, if i included all updates from the first patch that number would double
  2. i was being generous by assuming he nearly doubled the rate he increased the level cap by
  1. Arcane Odyssey - Mistral Update Patch Notes - Bulletin Board - Developer Forum | Roblox
    he’s planning more bosses, ghost ships, player fleets, dark sea dragons, more dark sea expansion, etc…

if anything it’d probably take him much, much longer than the generously low estimate i gave

while i do think he will take more than 2 years, i don’t think it will take THAT long. some features are either already half done, like ghost ships, or will be made with the help of other people (vetex definetly wont be making the dragon models/animations)

2 years :laughing:

i dont think they’re coming in at least 5 or more lol, assuming they’re obtainale at 5 or 6th sea

i’m not as optimistic given current updates

yall are all doubters…

Mahoraga Fighting Style

Disaster

Fighting Style Type: Upgraded Lost
Damage: 0.85x
Speed: 1.0x
Size: 1.0x
Every 15 seconds triggers a defensive adaptation based on the attack types stored in memory:
For example: If you receive 3 fire magic attacks, and 2 basic combat then:
Fire Magic gets a 30% Adaptation = 15% DR
Basic Combat (and imbued Sailor) gets a 20% Adaptation = 10% DR
(caps at 100% adaptation or 50% DR; applies after other DR effects)
On Adaptation also heals the user by (5% of base HP + a flat value of 2 x character level).
Meaning a level 600 juggernaut with 40% points in vitality heals 910 HP out of 6213 base (excluding defense and resistance focus HP).

Furthermore Defensive Adaptations can respond to DoTs.
Every Adaptation to a DoT = a 2.5% reduction in DoT duration (caps at 40%)
Every Adaptation to a Non-DoT status = a 4% reduction in status duration (caps at 40%)

Every 15 seconds triggers an offensive adaptation based on the defensive stats the enemy has.
Defensive Stats (Defense and Resistance) = bonus AP
Agility Stats = bonus agility
Regeneration stats = a Regen negation status on hit after 4 adaptations

Offensive Adaptation can provide information defensive adaptation as well.
Armor Piercing stats = resistance to AP

Offensive Adaptations can also be in response the other users offensive stats:
Power = Increase users damage affinity (+0.01x per adaptation; caps at 1.0x)
Attack Size = Increase users attack size affinity (+0.02x per adaptation; caps at 1.3x)
Attack Speed = Increase users attack speed (+0.02x per adaptation; caps at 1.3x)

Note: For the sake of balance the adaptations are at 25% efficiency when not using the fighting style. Furthermore, the Fighting Style buffs (Power, Atk Size, Atk Speed) are exclusively for the fighting style.

2 Likes

Vetex has the procrastination curse that allows him to postpone and avoid all of the stuff he should do
so yeah maybe our descendants will actually see them in a couple milennia