How can i...?

Hi everyone, it’s been a while since last post, but yea i’m still alive.

I wanted to ask

1. how can i find new members for my clan?
  2. how can i make my clan community grow?

These are a few tips that I come up with based on my observation of my clan leader. As these tips are purely personal experience, take them with a grain of salt.

1. Present your clan as having a core value. This will make people perceive your clan as being unique and they are more willing to join. In addition, you, assuming you’re the leader, now have a principle to follow when you invite new members. For example, albeit not a very good one, is my clan which only accepts non-magic classes into its membership and I joined because of this reason.

2. Have a group or server on any social media where members can freely discuss any topic. From where I stand, AO gameplay is highly intense as in it makes players concentrate on their goals. When that happens, they’re less likely to interact with each other thus less chance of building connection. Having a place where you can chat freely solves this issue and helps foster relationship between clan members.

3. Have a few competent PVP members who are willing to train new members. As far as I know, there’s nothing that connects people faster in this game than PVP training as the trainees discover new things about their character that they didn’t know previously while the trainers get better at what they’re doing. Furthermore, there’s that one very toxic aspect of the AO community who just goes around dunking on players when they’re minding their business. While the number of players of this sector of the community is small, the negative effect that they have ripples through other aspects of the community, including your clan members. They’ll have an overwhelmingly frustrating mindset which leaves them less active in the clan business. Being somewhat capable in PVP as a mean of self-defense partially solve this issue. Finally, as a clan leader, you should become the top dog of your clan, like 1st-3rd best in PVP. By doing so, your clan members will perceive you as being strong and will look up to you for guidance.

4. Build an elite minority. This elite minority consists of players who are dedicated to the game and who are always constantly looking for things to grind for in the game. During the dry period between updates, these people are really the one who keep your clan running. Adding to that, due to the amount of time they spend in-game, they have great knowledge of the game, not just PVP but the game’s PVE content and perhaps lore. You should build deep connections with these people as they can improve your knowledge of the game and your leadership, they may even recruit new members for you. However, you, yourself, must also be a dedicated players to prevent the creation of a diligent worker-lazy boss dynamic.

5. Prevent recruiting dull players into your clan. Dull players are the one who are likely to quit the game once they have fully finished the content of an update. As most AO update recently are small, this meant that your clan activity is unlikely to be long since members keep quitting. I have no tips for recognizing this type of players. You just have to get better with experience.

6. Try allying with rookie-strong clans. Due to either lower number of players or having less resources, clans of these strengths are more likely to set up a network of allies as a mean to get stronger in the face of great danger like being attacked by a top clan. In addition, these clans could be an opportunity for you to keep your clan somewhat active during the dry periods.

These are the few tips I could come up with. Take them with a grain of salt as they are just personal observation. Have a nice day!

1 Like

hey sorry to break this to you man but you replied to this twice :sob:

OOF, I must have copied and pasted the message. I must delete one to prevent confusion!

1 Like

dw you’re good it happens

hey guys its me 64arc clan goat who totally didnt throw being #1 because i cared too much about school, anyways heres my answers

1. same way you make friends
  2. step 1

this well and truly never works btw, if you do this in a smaller clan it’s redundant, and if you do it in a bigger clan you run the risk of damaging your other members self esteem because they have other commitments

i got to leaderboard almost purely from people me and the hrs of mine i recruited befriending others and networking outwards, giving us some days where we would gain 10+ members daily

also i really don’t think this matters, i’ve consistently been one of the top players in my clan personally, but countless leaderboard clans (emrys, helios, magic council, apollos dominion, etc) do not have their leaders at the top of the line in pvp skill

loving this point but i just don’t recruit people without mics because i prefer vc’ing with my members, which is the main reason neptune is still around to this day

other small clans are likely to have leaders who aren’t aware of the tips me and you provided, so i’d say it’s not worth on the most part, and instead just network your way to allying a clan better than you

mb if this is typed badly i just got out of bed :sob:
yours sincerely the goat (join neptune today)

1 Like

*level 125 (max at the time) player joins new server with newbies
“hey kid wanna try drugs and have fun?”
*hands me, a level 34, 100 mystery vials
*asked if i wanted to join his clan
“Sure”
pretty much my experience with joining clans, got disbanded tho

1 Like

joining a clan in exchange of free drugs is wild lmfao

1 Like

thank you very much, your tips are really helpful, I made my clan to prevent the pvp toxicity I experienced in another clan before, all I wish for my members is being able to fight back, I know strong people but sadly they are part of other clans already, I’m waiting for a person to tell me if some people in need of a clan are interested to join, i cant find allies since some of them have infamy standars and i cant really and the others I know are dead, luckily I know almost everything about the game and always have an excuse to grind stuff while waiting for new updates so it’s really rare that I quit, and last thing I’ve got a discord server ready for the clan members :slight_smile:

I gotta say that in 700+ hours of arcane odyssey I’ve barely made friends, and most of those quitted already, aside that I really appreciate your tips, I have actually met Neptune members in a war, it was like a year ago, at that time I was in the war phoenix

Sorry, I expected a “Made with ChatGPT.” in the end.

1 Like

i get that dw it took me a while to find some good members then i found this really good friend of mine who helped me practically quadruple my membercount because he was way more social than me

goated

1 Like

I don’t really understand what you mean here. Can you clarify it further?

In your opinion, what is the best leadership for a clan leader in AO?

Can you write a brief overview about Neptune?

oh I see, it’s gonna be kinda hard finding friends, I was kicked from the war phoenix in the first 100 hrs of my main file, after that I wanted to be a loner until a few weeks ago

Ill join your clan when I get back home!

1 Like

The answer for that first question is simple, tell your friends about your clan and hopefully they’ll tell their friends and the cycle continues and after all that you just gotta remain active with your community. And if your a looser with no friends then just make your clan stand out

1. set up a discord server

2. look for players with high hour counts

3. recruit new players at cirrus island

4. clan server to get the word around

5. gain lots of imfamy solo by afking to attract new player attention

that is all the recommendations i can make as a avid clan owner

drop it in a large ass ao player community and open it to everyone
(this will damage your clans reputation and become a cesspot)

if i only had friends lmfao

Around like June 2023 I befriended someone who would soon to be my Co-Leader from then on until around October, whom of which did the majority of my recruitment for me, meaning as a clan leader, I only had to find one person, and that had a domino effect of them finding people too.

I don’t get what you mean.

I’d say Neptune is more a friend clan than anything, I just happened to have friends who’re competent.

This is NOT the method.

How come?