How different will AO pvp be to WoM pvp?

There is a obvious answer to this question.

WOM’s pvp is following: Spam Q and dodge with T jump/High jump spell

But in AO we will have “builds” that drasticly change how you fight.

• Mages - same as WOM at early game, but at late game they will be mindless mtf-ers who spam attacks with infinite range
  • Weapon mains - completely new way of playing. With flashy attacks(Katana slash ; grab attacks etc)
  • Strenght mains - meh, i still think that fighting styles will be completely different from AA’s ones. Cause they should work as main source of damage
  • Warden - uhh…
  • Savant - Jack o all trades

About hybrids:

• Conjurer - You can think about them as just buffed Weapon mains(Magic boost certain aspect of weapon when conjured)
  • Anything with Health - Good luck killing them, they are tanky as hell(aspecially magic+health. Cuase they can do following trick: Metal magic + Resistance mod, that’s will give ALOT of hp over their base health)
  • Weapon + Fighting styles - how the hell will it work?
  • Magic + Fighting styles - okay, i really want to see this and i still think that its just upgrade to base Fighting styles. Magic will 90% sure boost some aspect of F.S. so imagine impact fist + any x1.3 size magic : |
8 Likes

funny aa dodging

magic jump nerf

barrage nerf

• high jumps have less startup (.1s instead of .25s)
  • all attacks have proper cooldowns that start after the attack is finished
  • dodging WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • blocking is a lot more effective with and without shields, perfect blocks are renamed to parrying
  • running doesnt drain stamina, and you cant drain stamina in the air
  • magic charging is 8% faster (theres a bug in wom that makes it slower than intended)
  • magic jumps are 50% weaker, and you can only use it once until you touch the ground
  • you can only use hovers once until you touch the ground
  • power and strength are just 1 stat
  • attack speed + casting speed are just 1 stat
  • knockback was changed to intensity, a stat that affects DOT and other magic effects
  • placed explosions have the same startup as self explosions now
  • startup and endlag changes on some moves

thats all i can remember

5 Likes

nothing really changed its still gonna be air combat.

i think its gonna be almost the exact same for early game pvp but it will get a lot better late game

Well that’s mostly true but all if the different builds make PVP more diverse and fun

actually i use e as my primary blast :nerd_face:

Why

Q is so iconic :nerd_face:

well i do use q for my 100% blast, i just find it annoying to press due to my pinky finger size so ive been considering switching

1 Like

Blocking while moving is nice, also weapons are really cool and dodges make heavy magics way more viable. Plus shiftlock is very cool and good. :+1:

who tf presses q with their pinky :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

I had to to think about this and realize he probably types the way schools want us to :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

your left ring finger should be able to cover q and a while gaming (if its a wasd game)

2 Likes

Are weapon slashes really used that much/viable in PVP? I mean I guess the answer is that it probably isn’t but I guess only you testers really know

For punishing yeah I think, depends on your opponent and their build/playstyle

1 Like

I’m so glad I have more liked again

Ok last question, but how much bettet does shift lock make your aim? A bit of a dumb question but just curious what you testers (:nerd_face:) think

1 Like

A lot better

2 Likes

me (full sentence)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.