How do i find happiness

Have you considered that you might be possessed by a foul spirit that may only be exorcised and banished if you remind yourself of your humanity and find in your past a reason to push into the future?

chase after what makes you happy because even if you never catch up you’ll find that despite your failure along the way you found happiness anyway or alternatively kill yourself

4 Likes

From my experience, a majority of depression comes from having a day-to-day that you hate, since I was depressed until I tried femininity.
Even if you feel like you’re used to it, being used to things that suck doesn’t make them not suck.

Sometimes you can’t simply change your circumstances, but I find that it helps to be very vocal about how much you dislike it, even if the people around you don’t agree.

I often found myself being unable to find the point in most of the activities I do, knowing that it is a temporary, fleeting thing with an infinitesimal presence that lies in the vast expanse of space. So then I began asking myself “why not?”

1 Like

temporaliy? Human flesh and drugs. Pernamently? Not sure, I just exist :aga:

how about everything besides the latter

if i knew what made me happy i wouldnt be asking…

Sail the void

everyone will, one day, there is no reason to rush. every start has an end, i simply have to

wait.

ive considered that myself

hmmmmmm

nah

watching people argueing and ragebaiting others is very entertaining :nod:

also, lots of cool arts

impermanent materials will not fulfil my hollowed heart. momentarily mayhap, perhaps, indeed, yet i do not wish for that form of fulfilment.

as do i. as do we.

that is my current modus operandi, yes, weighing the pros and cons, to answer not “why?” but “why not?”

yet, that does not and will not fill my heart, for i would be merely letting myself be carried along by the currents, never finding a reason to take a course of my own choosing.

then again, perhaps that is enough.

it is a privilege, i think, to be allowed to choose at all, even if that choice is to let oneself merely drift along the flow.

many are not blessed with such choice, after all.

long has it passed since my heart last burnt with rage, i have come from viewing life with dread to simply indifferent, now

i do not wish for change, for i cannot envision a me that looks forward to tomorrow

i could win a lottery, become my perfect self, the ones that hurt me do so no longer, and i would still find it hard to believe that that “me” would wake up and think “im glad to be alive”

only in the name of others could i rouse myself to motion, and even then it is nothing but half-hearted attempts

i know well they wont be happy if they find out, yet even with that thought. perhapsmy love for them is hollow also

what used is yelling and crying if the only results you’ll receive is a sore throat, reddened eyes and many a beating, the scornful gaze of another?

what use is trying to change, knowing for certain all progress you made will be undone by forces beyond your control in but a moment?

im tired, i wish only for an end

then again, i suppose, it doesnt matter, though, for if everything is meaningless, then my sufferings, sorrows and dreads, are nothing as well.

i will never love living, never love being alive. i will have to constantly chase after happiness. the only path i have forward is down, never up

thats fine. it doesnt matter

i can still run, walk and crawl, and i will do as such, if only for others. my happiness will always be fragile and fleeting, but they are there, as momentary and transient as they might be. if my hollow love is enough for them, then perhaps it is enough, regardless of what i may think - it is for them, after all, and not for me

its all that matters.

thank you, this has been most wonderful, these conversations we had.

1 Like

I struggle doing this but maybe try to do things even when I theory it wouldn’t work (unless you already have). It’s smth I struggle with when my friends introduce me to new games but I end up actually liking them sometimes (same for my friend. It’s how j introduced them to their first rpg: Arcane Odyssey).

1 Like

its what i do, yes, a part of “why not?” philosophy

i have come to enjoy ttrpgs through it, so indeed your theory has its merit

1 Like

Play F-Zero GX for the Gamecube.

Seeing this makes me realize how young I am.

i… will put it on my to-do list

thank you for the suggestion

1 Like

im not sure how much is this will be relevant for you but you can try to adopt mindset of “i want to experience” it can be in a way of all experience or maybe specialized branch thing me personally i want to live on and experience stories,games etc and even if it all goes bad i think as long i keep doing it i will have strength to live on

1 Like

If we are doing game recommendations, try no man’s sky.

Its a standard survival rpg with base building elements, and more story than the average roblox games.

If there isn’t really anything that would make you happy, then maybe instead you need to find something that simply makes you content.
I’m not happy all the time, and there are plenty things that I am concerned about in my life. However, just being in a situation where I don’t need to do anything, and can choose to do whatever I want (or nothing at all) is good enough for me.