How do we feel about the new unrepeatable quest changes? I think vetex should revert that idea, this guy was going crazy on the gear builder server

Honestly I can kinda see why people might not enjoy this

people wanna feel rewarded when they do a menial, repetitive, simple task and I think the payoff of that task is a lot of higher compared to this, if that makes sense.

exploration and farming and doing a ton of smaller things kind of takes away from that simplicity and it sorta dampens the sweetness you feel from finally reaching something after grinding, I guess that’s what cargo runs are for tho.

If I was younger I’d probably find this a little lame too.

also treasure charts and diving points suck, especially diving points.

only bandit beater quests deserve that nerf, fishing and ship sinking ones should stay repeatable

2 Likes

sir chadvian with his sink 3 pirate quest, i got like 3000 galleons total from that, he financed my whole ketch

yea this should be what happens else the new file grind will be cancerous

Ah yes, the great reward from completing the bandit beater quest, the grand number of…
checks notes
120 exp and 35 galleons, that sure does build up after 6 hours of the same stuff, I suppose (i know this is probably an exaggeration, but come on, you can’t tell me that the little numbers you get from a quest feel better than all those little exploration tasks being filled out for the island).

I disagree, but I guess that sort of stuff changes based on tastes, so I can’t really comment much on it.

As someone who (usually) gets clapped by sudden shark jumpings while opening chests in diving points, skill issue. (ok but seriously, you just need to learn how to do both, but treasure charts can be a real pain if you’re unlucky with the spawn location, I’ll give you that).

1 Like

mfw Jimmy the dangerous tells me that he buried a portion of his treasure on elm island and then the other half ALL THE WAY somewhere on Mount othyrs :skull:

Clearly, that guy just wanted to make sure you were fully committed to that treasure.

A: “yo heres a little bit of my treasure, go to elm island”
B: “aight”
A: “heres the next bit, its at blasted rock”
B: “pluh”
A: “heres more, its at mango isle”
B: “wtf”
A: “mount othrys”
B: “ok buddy”
A: “all the rest of my treasure is buried at frostmill island”
B: “incoherent screaming

You forgot shell island, specifically a few paces from the center

if i see someone put treasure on mount othyrs they can go fuck themselves with it

Perhaps treasure chart spots should spawn locally from the last one. This would prevent stuff like Palo to WindRow, or Blasted Rock to Frostmill… Sailing to the treasure can be really boring…

That kinda makes sense, if we’re assuming these people burying the treasures are being chased by the navy or smth, then they likely wouldn’t have time to cross the entire bronze sea multiple times to bury each portion.

The guy who said that message on the gear builder server is literally braindead. Idk why you had to make a topic about this.