How Exactly Does Magic Work Now?

Hello this is my first article ever written on this sight, I hope that these questions bring about new ideas in this community.

I looked on the Trello for WOM and saw that the magic tiers are scrapped now. I’ve also read the webtoon for arcane adventures and now I have a few questions.

1st Question:
Magic dosnt work like it used to because of wizards getting stronger and maybe because of the death of the gods. The god part I’m not too sure of, but mutations are basically a normal thing now that people are born with. So how do mutations work now? Are they different now then they were before? Like for iron could we get a new mutation for it so now its like Mercury magic?

2nd Question:
So in the story Juniper is seen with a magic elemental, Shadow magic that looks like its Kraken’s, and on-top of it all, she gets Nebula Flare. My question is will this ever show up in the games. Me personally I like to leave my fights up to a summoned spirit or whatever I can use in games. So will this be something we can learn for magics or is she just special?

1 Like

Summoning elementals is a planned lost spell (although it’s subject to change)

I can’t really answer the first question precisely but I assume that, with the generations passing by and people with mutations reproducing, children started to be born with these mutated magics and it became more and more common over the years.

reproducting

I was confused and thought “eh that will probably pass”

I’ll try and clear up some confusion.

• So if you’ve read the lore, Primitive Magic works by the gods obtaining sacrifices from wizards to boost their magic power. If you’re talking about Augmented, I’m in the dark.
  • As for mutations, I’m unsure if they’re planned, but it may be likely.

that’s a mutation if iirc

I’m unsure if that’s also planned, although lost spells can create stuff like magic limbs and zone spells. there’s tons of lost spells planned so stay tuned for those

Thank you, also I mean augmented like they use in AA, AO, and WOM.

Well, due to the bloodline of the gods who used pure Primitive Magic and in fact have it in their blood, the power of wizards who lived in that region (wizards live in War Seas where olympus once was) is enhanced because of that blood

for aa and wom i don’t think gods really affect aug magic

But didn’t they say that’s where Olympus used to be?
also didn’t they move it to where AA was or just somewhere completely different?

nah this is AO, somewhere on the other side of the world, they don’t know each other exists

yeah, it’s where it used to be, the god blood enhances their magic power, think of them like demigods from the Percy Jackson series

Ok makes sense but do you think they can undergo rare mutation like its normal?
example: someone born with wood magic and them mutating it into like redwood magic or something

i believe you have to go through a test or mindbreak/limit push to mutate, like theos did against prometheus

Yeah but is it possible for them to mutate a already mutated magic like a normal wizard would?

under extreme circumstances, it’s VERY rare

so if your born with iron magic or something your just kinda stuck with iron your whole life?

kinda, but you can get more than one magic through minds and mutate magics too

yeah but i mean for that mind

Ya you’re stuck with Iron by AA logic. Supermutations are on the level of curses and technically almost never happen, there’s 3 recorded instances or something but Theos’ arcturus only shows up in the webcomic and AR while Equinox is non-canonical(Someone else said this so i’m just assuming Equinox was non-canonic and webtoon only).

wait doe this mean that the webtoon isnt cannon?

also these people are born with mutations so they kinda have a mutation as a source magic

Most of it is but some aspects aren’t

You’re forgetting they can’t mutate fire or any other core element either, mastery is their only option for their base magics.