How is the "bursting" enchantment going to work on bows and shields?

Who’s to say that bows wont get unique skills of their own? If shields will then bows of all things would too

what unique skill would a bow have is the question like multi arrow shots, auto tracking arrows, instant range like they don’t have a travel time

Those are pretty good examples but what I had in mind was a powerful shot that has a small-medium AOE hitbox.

EDIT: that’s just one example but since vetex plans on weapons having up to 5 skills each, bows would have some pre interesting ones

ye that’d be cool and the visual effects too if Art of infinity wasn’t taken off I wonder if you could’ve had bullet time type aim like you jump and aim while falling but everything is slow so it’s easier like Horizon or Botw

Air stalls when aiming sounds divine, but they’d have to brief

yep and Idk how it’d work since it’s multiplayer so it’s not like the guy will just be waiting for you to do it basically it’s in the same boat as why you’ll die when pausing in multiplayer because not everybody is gonna stop

but I think it’d be cool like progressions are a thing and if you did alchemist you could put magic or just have certain types of magic arrows to use and it’d have the status effect

It’s not that hard to implement, you just fall extremely slowly for the duration you aim rather than just completely stopping midair

Arcanium bows will be a thing, so rather than imbuing arrows with magics theyll be imbued with some other status effect that you can gain from alchemists (if vetex goes through with an idea like this at all)

yes but while you’re falling slow the other players will be moving the same speed on their screen but for you they’d be moving slow like client side except on purpose I’m not sure I’ve never created or tried to manage any type of game attack

Slowed falling speeds while everyone else is moving normally has already been done a number of times. While it gives you the advantage of clear aerial aiming it leaves you open to punishing attacks

that’s fair but kind of not so basically if a guy jumps off or starts falling but does that I’m just gonna see him basically float falling slow meaning free hits like it’s free hits for both of us but it kinda doesn’t seem as useful like you might as well fully drop then jump up again

The same thing applies to any ranged attack like blasts, if you charge them for too long in hopes for a clearer shot but get hit then that’s a skill issue

and to not get hit you just don’t charge your blast long but that’d mean that you just don’t slow fall and shoot while falling at normal speed in hopes you awaken Visans aim

It would just be a reasonable thing to have to encourage aerial aiming

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.