How WOM's story could've worked

All notes that might appear if I don’t mention them

I know that tgr is inevitable.

I know that wom will never officially come back

I’ve accepted and am fine with tgr.

This is all just how I believe wom’s potential could’ve truly been showed story wise

Alright let’s begin

So you start in ironport no matter what. No matter what you do you stay vistarian. Or do you? We’ll get to that soon

Alright so the story starts right off the bat. Im only gonna go through the hero storyline and i’ll try and add in villain later.

So you start as a level one. And you’re sent a letter by the riverville mayor for a simple task he wants you to do. He wants you to ask the mayor of ironport to give you the message he forgot to sent. You then have to go to riverville and hand it over to the mayor. As it turns out a sudden uprise of criminals have been appearing. He requests you to take out 5 bandits/dark wizards. After doing so he rewards you a vistarian double ended spear.

Next up. The mayor of ironport sends a request for you to travel to silent tower. One of the soldiers said that they were recently tracking a criminal. The mission is to try and find his footsteps. A bunch of criminals get in your way in the middle however. Enough to get you from level 5 to 40 with a miniboss being at the end. A level 150 dark wizard. You find a recently destroyed magic council camp. You talk to one of them and they beg of you to seek help from king david. You try and ask david silver for assistance but he simply gives you some of his power. (10,000 xp) You then need to find the first boss. The boss being minotaur. Now instead of him being hidden. He’s in the bronze grasslands. A bunch of knocked out mc soldiers are in his trail. And then the boss fight begins as usual. And when you defeat him you’re given a letter from exiled. He’s a still character and you find him in the tavern of summer hold. And he congratulates you for the defeat of minotaur and he declares you a citizen of the castlians and you get the castlian sword and daggers that way

Unfortunatly I know too little about the rest of the story to go on. But I feel like if this was how the story was executed it probably would’ve made a more interesting story

1 Like

would not be surprised if it did, ngl

1 Like

Ah, yes, it seems some things never change

Cultures was probably the single biggest roadblock for creating a good story, because if there weren’t cultures we could have a more linear structure for exploration and story.

Tbh cultures hindered alot of gameplay mechanics in WoM.

Cultures could have definitely still worked if it was executed in a different way. For starters, item restrictions to certain cultures ruined it because some cultures had much better items than another. You should have still been able to buy other cultural items, but only after you gained the trust of the village that the culture belongs to or you pay slightly more than someone who belongs to that culture.

6 Likes

Honestly I enjoyed what little bit of the storyline we had.

cultures gave a lot of uniqueness and led to funny in game racism they were all equal in strength and power with the only hinderance being weapons and items from a specific culture could not be used by other cultures, if this mechanic itself was removed cultures could play a huge party in the story

I feel like you should’ve continued the story after the prolouge instead of making your own prolouge because this is just wom’s story if I made it

or just
not have a linear story.