How would you rate the writing in Arcane Odyssey?

Personally for me its like a 6/10, I like the basis of it but a decent portion of the dialogue is kinda bad and the rest is mostly just ok. Also I just think the order’s motive is kinda lame, I’m not saying their motives need to be complicated but “trying to further magic at any cost”, is barely a motivation and doesn’t really tell me why they do what they do. Sure we know why some individual members want that but not why the order as a whole does. I dunno maybe in the future as more order members are revealed and expanded upon my opinion will change on this.

That said I do still like a decent amount of the writing too. Like the worldbuilding is peak(Even if a bit of it is just one piece).

1 Like

“I am elius… agent of the order… I won’t let you stand in my way…”

one ass beating later

“I can’t believe I lost… to a nobody…”

“OK ANYWAYS so BASICALLY a SEA CURSE is like A REALLY SPECIAL BLOCK that the order REALLY WANTS AND ITS SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT because ITS REALLY POWERFUL AND COOL and like I was coming here to GET A NEW CURSE and BLA BLA BLA BLA-”

1 Like

he felt sorry that we were stupid

the writing is a bit strange sometimes, but I have faith that it’ll get better the further development goes
(also since it’s the first sea, it’s supposed to be a bit more introductory, so it makes sense that explaining the plot will cause dialogues to be a bit strange)

1 Like

Randal is literally right there on a neighboring island that we JUST left.
the sea curse lore dump should have been given by him, it would have made so much more sense and allowed players to put the pieces together when elius mentions curses.

1 Like

Situation from category of: “Hmm, I took one book here, read the introduction and the words of the author and safely closed the book, throwing it out the window, cuz it is boring.”

It’s a 5/10 for now, the story is executed awkwardly but that’s all I can say since we’re not even halfway anyway.

The only good first impression that AO had for me aside from nostalgia and anticipation from WoM is the menu theme the moment it got released, everything else is pretty much just decent.

I expected more appearances and dialogue options on Iris and Morden (also probably Neviro) so that we could be concrete on who they are to the MC, but I guess that too can wait.

Improves drastically once we reach Talos imo, we start to see character development from then on.

2 Likes

AO spy movie

“You win this time, but my crew still has control of a nuclear warhead.”

“What’s a nuclear warhead? Well basically during WW2…”

meh

story is a W compared to other roblox games (and some triple a games tbh)

1 Like

Yeah but then almost every game is a W compared to the huge pile of shit on roblox

“Escape scary larry!” no hate to break in btw its one of the better story games, but still

Honestly lacking compared to the lore it’s based on.

Depending on what standards you set.

If its normal fantasy standards, 3/10

If its my personal standards, 1/10

If its comparing to other Roblox Story Games, 10/10

How are we judging the writing based off the tutorial sea

Well we take everything that happens in the bronze sea and form opinions on how well it was written.

1 Like