I don't like the crown limit(In ao)

Better solution: banks

Betterer solution: Don’t die

1 Like

dying issue

Okay Tigerbaby simp

tigerbaby is the GREATEST pvper to exist in all of history. being labeled as a simp for him only furthers the fact that he’s god’s incarnate

I like Level’s solution betterer. Banks allow players to circumvent any punishments to dying. Without banks, players actually have to try to not die because death is meaningful and has consequences.

Dying also causes players to go back to their spawn point. It’ll also cause them to fail any bounty they’re currently hunting. There are other punishments to dying other than losing a large percentage of cash that might take a long time to get back.

all the more reason for players to try and not die

So the punishment to dying is now sailing for a minute and occasionally losing a bit of rating if you’re a bounty hunter? That is still an extremely insignificant punishment. Dying needs to be very inconvenient for it to feel like fights have any consequences. Losing a third of your money is a good way to do that.

I’m not suggesting that the money loss on death needs to be removed. I’m saying that banks should be an option for players who don’t want to spend half of their experience in AO getting all of their money back.

If you don’t make it back to a bank before you die out on your adventures, then you deserve to lose that money as a result of your lack of foresight or bad luck. It sounds like you’d also lose any sealed chests that you acquired out on your travels. making the decision to stay out on the waters in hopes of finding more loot a risk-reward type of choice. It’s like how Sea of Thieves handles the punishment of death.

You want to make your experience more of a chore? Fine, don’t use banks; you don’t have to, but you have to understand that not all of the community wants AO to be some sort of punishing rogue-like whose gameplay takes an unreasonable amount of patience to tolerate. AR fell into that trap, and look where that got it. Its community is solely made up of tryhards who grind daily just to be able to survive 10 seconds in Sabura with a bounty on their heads.

1 Like

inb4 mods be like: closed for suggestion

Ahem, right. Excuse me while I throw the mods off our trail.
For legal reasons, this isn't a suggestion
There, that’ll do it.

3 Likes

mods its an opinion not a suggestion

Allowing players to put all of their money into a bank basically removes that feature.

Giving death the bare minimum consequence to death is not making it rogue-like.

Good point, I didn’t think of that.

Alright, we’ve been arguing back and forth about this for the past 2 days, and none of our points have gone anywhere. Both sides of the argument have merit, so let’s just agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

1 Like

indifference for me, i spend loads of crowns trying to enchant and upgrade items for pure stats and hybrid stats up to 4 stats at a time for my 20 files (i think thats how many i have) with stat builds in ao i’ll prob add 12 more files or smth

crown doesn’t mean nor make much of a difference when you’re constantly spending stuff ;-;

sure would like to have banks, especially when CLAN BANKS STILL EXIST JUST REMOVE THE DAMN WITHDRAW BUTTON WHY

…but first, im sure its gonna be raised since new items with higher values and i assume even the next sunken set will be added which will all need to be upgradeable up to level 120
aaaaaand you’ll always spend galleons on dumb stuff like fixing your ship, which is a huge sink unless you use shipwrights to fully repair it

highly doubt the auction will be used for anything other than dumping good common items like amulets and wizard sets, or boss items if they are easy enough to get

although, honestly, i wouldnt mind if galleons had more or less no value and the amount you have being super variable. it incentivize you to buy stuff instead of constantly trying to save some just for the sake of being rich. if you dont use your galleons, you risk losing them to death and all, and thats fine by me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.