I forgot to add a way to control super mode (lol)

I’m making a story right now, and I forgot to add a way to control the in-universe super mode, called Calling of The Past (CoTP for short). CoTP is basically an avatar state, using knowledge of past lives, or in my story, past generations and also gaining extra elemental power.

There are 5 chosen people, with these elements: Wind, Lightning, Earth, Water, Fire

There chosen characters don’t know how to control CoTP because the last time the chosen people appeared was 1000 years ago, and all the records on how to activate are destroyed or lost. Learning how to control CoTP is locked behind reflexively/involuntarily activating it to talk to the past chosen.

The consequences for CoTP is that dying while having it active will “delete” all the memories of every past legend, meaning that future legends can’t access the past’s knowledge.

how should you learn to voluntarily activate CoTP
  • you don’t and never will be able to
  • freebie but you need to have reflexively activated it the first time
  • spiritual mediation shit/spiritual knowledge (please expound/give details for me)
  • just being good at your element/powers
  • other

0 voters

random side change: what should the INVOLUNTARY CoTP activation method be
  • same activation/trigger rules as adrenaline (storywise they’re still separate) [current method]
  • the chooser of the chosen activates it for you

0 voters

Note: I will only change the involuntary CoTP activation if “the chooser of the chosen activates it for you” choice is 69%+ vote AND the voluntary activation IS NOT freebie or being good at your element.

(forgot to add lol) watch these to know how the guardian angel would work

My Guardian Angel • Gacha Life Mini Movie • - GLMM - - YouTube
My Guardian Angel • Part 2 • - Gacha Life Mini Movie- • GLMM • - YouTube

The chosen person is able to communicate with the previous chosen person for that element. They then teach the current chose person how to activate their CoTP.

if you make it able to be activated voluntarily then you’ll have to give it a huge nerf (think of legend of korra and how pathetic the avatar state was in there compared to the last airbender)

you activate it once involuntarily and then you can begin to learn to attempt to master it over the involuntary activation.

it should require like a really high prestige of your element if you wanna activate cotp mode

meaning the current chosen can only freely talk to the chosen one right before them?

It’d be like a space inside of the current chosen’s mind. I’m not really sure how to explain it well.

thinking hard just like trying to recall what you just forgot?

1 Like

Make it involuntary so that its based on plot convenience

1 Like

so never/impossible to control?

it should be a gamepass

1 Like

i think a nerf isnt gonna happen, the power difference between [normal chosen] vs [chosen with cotp active] is a bit larger than [korra] vs [korra (avatar state)]

the power difference doesnt take into account knowing past knowledge

Noo!

They could
unlock it the same way the previous one did.

like if the previous chosen gained CoTP by being struck by lightning, the next chosen of that element unlocks it the same way

so there could be multiple ways to unlock it, just have to do it the same way the previous chosen did

ok i forgot to add a little side note

should you be able to VOLUNTARILY DEACTIVATE CoTP
  • yes
  • no

0 voters

the drawbacks of CoTP are if you die, the knowledge of every past chosen one (you were harnessing/using) at the time will become unavailable to future generations

you can use CoTP without harnessing the past generation’s knowledge but your power boost will be quite minimal

ngl i might add a way to control CoTP and that is if the choose of the chosen (the life god Nar’Hati) likes you and wants to reward you, should i

should CoTP be controllable if Nar’Hati gives you the ability to
  • yes
  • no (Nar’Hati wont ever do that)

0 voters

fuck it, you CAN deactivate CoTP but its kinda hard (the action is like: calming yourself down during stress + willpower of giving something powerful up)

1 Like