I got bored and made a map of Magius but islands

I got bored and I made a map:

I made it on Inkarnate.
Original Magius:

26 Likes

magius but its below the equator

Looks nice but does feel small. Honestly wouldn’t be too disappointed with this.

Yeah I should’ve made the stamps smaller but it’s kinda hard to judge those things from the start. Just imagine more water and land between everything.

1 Like

i also think you should clump together cultural towns

Wait, it’s called Wray port? I always thought it was Wrry port smh I’m stupid

I tried to follow general proximities on the original map (for example citrine town and Umber Keep are pretty close, as well as Jargal and Shangdao). I also attempted to group by general terrain. The desert towns are together (except for Alvaria) and the Arctic towns are together as well.
I also looked at the cultures. The Vistarians are merchants and traders, they’ll be spread out. They’ll be near ports and important trade routes. Thus the positioning of Westhall, Stoneburg, Ironport. Riverville is more of a residential area so it’s far off to the side. The New Greek seem like they’ll stick together, as do the Old Sea Vikings. Canopians and Doomarians share the same environment as they share similar customs and habits.
The Castlians have various concerns. Summer Hold’s strategic position allows them to control a solid amount of the nearby ocean. It’s also close to Ashen Volcano like in the original map. Umber Keep is positioned near to Citrine Town, giving them political power.
Rockhollow is also positioned for control of the oceans and trade routes, as well as an enormous chunk of land. New Alalea, however, is off to the side, where the Alaleans can enjoy their lives without interference from annoying people like Castlians.
Storm village is on the other side because it’s actually real close to New Alalea in the original map. I really shouldn’t have placed it there but honestly I didn’t realize it was Doomarian until I was basically done I’ll change that later.
The Keihatsu are spread out on the original map and are spread out here. Jargai (I spelt it wrong on the map) and Shangdao are together like they’re supposed to be , but the positioning of Shisato is correct to how far away it is from the other Keihatsu towns on the original map.
So in summary I used three things to determine town positioning:
Geopolitics
Geography
Culture

I’ll be making some minor edits every now and then and I’ll put the changes on the map here.

8 Likes

Damn looks really good :clap: much good

If Vetex changed it to islands in TGR then this is what it needs to be

Looks like a map from a dark fantasy rpg. Either way, it does indeed fit WoM.

1 Like

Can an artist make this more world of magic map like

1 Like

In-game or this

The same cartoony blocky style with the color code

So that map I showed?

I could try making it blocklike and with the same bright colors Studio, though Im kinda busy this week so thats a solid maybe

Yeah but put that style onto:

I’m going to stop here, didn’t make the map so I don’t know where the rest of the biomes are.

For some reaso I like plains way more than forest lol

that is fucking INCREDIBLE! the map doesn’t even feel small at all! actually, it’s a perfectly sized map for a ROBLOX game! having to travel from here large island to large and coming across some wilderness islands on the way would be a phenomenal experience. my guy, if i could give you two, no, three hearts, i would. i really hope vetex actually considers a design where the islands are really big like this. i LOVE this.

About that other topic?
This is what I’m talking about. Big islands, man. Think big, not AA sized. This looks absolutely great.