I hate notoriety so much man

Its this thing…

This system really prevents from doing anything such as sea activities and not only that its really easy to get.

Usually whenever I spawn in the first thing that happens is that 1 - 3 major ships actually spawn near me at they get off their boats and start attacking. They only way for me to actually stop their rampage against me is if I kill them but that won’t work as another major fleet comes in. If I wanted to remove my notoriety I’d need to pay up to 1,200 galleons then I can start killing people or NPCs again only to re-gain that notoriety. Yes I know you can arrest yourself but ya’know, bounty safe keeping.

I was at Ravenna tryna bounty hunt people and I hear the sounds of fortified ships actually circling me in ketches and they just get off and start attacking me while I try to mind my own business. Dawg how do they know I am at ravenna chilling their with a cloak on to hide my identity :sob:

Anybody else get annoyed by the fleet of grand navy coming after you always?

I can’t have shit in AO :broken_heart:
Im too poor to pay up while I’m busy

I’ve only been positive rep I can’t relate to your pain

3 Likes

My bersereker file suffering like this :sob:
Always on that 300 bits of HP

Either play play hero and play the boring route or go villain and go broke trying to clear notoriety

2 Likes

Berserker file been a saving grace and fun build

Berserker is truly a W…
No build like conjurer aren’t able to compare
and that thermo m1 spam at the right time

I could’ve killed a metal mage with that but he ran and sharks killed me and couldn’t get back on the docks :broken_heart:

Can’t do shit in the ocean grah

what the fuck.

1 Like

1.5k galleons to clear

you either die a villain or live long enough to see yourself become the hero

10 Likes

I did miss when Notoriety outright didn’t work on me

becoming a criminal is also easy af, i became a criminal by mistake and now i have 5 notoriety, a broken ship and no way to get out of ravenna

1 Like

Is it just me or are people only complaining about the prison timer now? Or is that a direct consequence of how aggressive the gravy are and notoriety + good reps in general?

oh boy i can’t wait to clear this treasure chart at cerruno with my friends, i sure hope nothing bad happens

OH SWEET NETPUNE

that, and the 3k hp major i found earlier.

villain has easier time gaining money to clear noteriety, you can loot any boat and you can loot infinite cargo to sell

Counterpoint: You’re gonna lose most of these galleons dying again and again to level 150+ gravy majors. Not to mention

• You gotta go and find the NPC to clear notoriety to begin with
  • It ain’t goddamn cheap
  • You gotta ship that cargo with the gravy hot on your ass
  • There are plenty of ships that you can kill already without having to smoke merchants and gravy
  • Even with your notoriety cleared the gravy that have already spawned will still go after you if you’re neg-rep

I find the whole thing about arrests to be really cool on paper, but in practice, being negative rep is basically just playing the game with a ginormous handicap. There’s a reason why most servers have 2 villains for every 10 heroes playing

I wish it was like WoM where you could essentially hide until you caused problems again, but when they spawned oh boy

counterpoint: villains can kill any ship they want, so they will always have a lot of money to clear that notoriety

i think the villain hero dynamic was done pretty well in AO:

villains can get money and treasure super easily, but have to go somewhere special to a specific place to actually spend it,

heroes can shop anywhere, but are confined to only doing legal things (like killing pirate ships, treasure hunting, and looting diving spots) for loot

i still feel like jail is a bs system and executions are just plain unfun unless you’re playing with a friend, but you have to respect the game design

villains are probably 50 lines of code from being okay

In WoM, the only times that Magic Council would chase you and spawn soldiers is if you just recently went berserk on a town or silent tower, which was completely optional. It made going to prison feel at least somewhat justified. However, in AO, you gotta pay an absurd amount of galleons to clear your notoriety, otherwise the grand navy will chase you and track you down no matter where you are. Munera Garden? They still send 4 heavy ketches at you. Not only that, as now players can also bounty hunt you and arrest you themselves, which basically means a 10-minute respawn time just from PvP.

2 Likes

Makes sense