I have a question

Is it possible for a country that reject magic hyper advanced to the point that they are 70 years ahead from every kingdom in the war seas (aka they have WW1 era technology) due to their location, history of constantly getting invaded, and their rejection of magic.

So they advanced their technology to counter magic/spirit at a rapid pace to compete/survive the other kingdoms.

I’m asking this for a country I’m making in my own sea cluster.

even if a country tried, itd get wiped instantly the second a war is declared
its pretty much the same thing as winterveil, except that rather than focussing on strong mages theyd focus on technology. in both case a curse user would destroy them

I mean possibly? Depends if they have the right people to come up with the technology, like Nobel and dynamite. Otherwise i dont see why not, though theyd have to be extremely secluded in order for their enemies to not pick up on their technology and use it themselves.

Also wed get to ask: who wins?

Thermonuclear Bomb or Durza?

And also yeah curse powers can wipe countries so they’d be lucky to develop things without magic and still survive.

If we’re talking about modern day thermonuclear bombs then Durza gets no diffed

Unless they are totally hidden from mages and cannot be sensed by anyone then yeach they can exist

Sad but I hope in the future there would be idk some kind of ore that is the total opposite of Arcanium, it nullified magic and spirit energy, created by Hephaestus because he think that magic is causing men to overused it and making them weak and reliant on it, so he created these ores and places hundreds to thousand of them in some area of the earth, which nullified magic and let technology to advanced.

I don’t know what I’m talking about, I just want my magicless bois to be on par with magic users without using some type of magic like trace magic.

That already exists in the form of cuffs used by the grand navy and Ravenna

Oh right, I forgot about those, I thought that the people in jail can’t use their magic because there were too weak/injured after fighting the greavy.

What material are used for the cuff?

Currently the metal remains unnamed

No, just because of the Maxim machine gun and its variations being way too advanced for AO’s time period even for an incredibly advanced kingdom, at most old west with incredibly early prototypes of gatling guns. I could possibly see lever actions and revolvers, probably early-mid versions of those.

possibly magic? spirit probably not though, seeing as people who use it are like one in a thousand, not something you see enough that you’d reasonably have a hardcounter to.

wouldve been been brutally annilated with its inhabitants getting murdered if they were invaded constantly, curses and magic solo everything but spirit.

I could see it if their leader had a curse (experimental or elemental, either works) and a really strong one at that, then maybe. Their location would have to be cracked though, to prevent a lot of ground troops coming in, so like either an island surrounded by really rough Dark Sea-esque weather (like the archipelagos vetex plans to add but the size of a kingdom) or high altitude locations like Orthys and Skyhall.