I won with $10,000 in Monopoly, and you can too!

So you’re probably not thinking, “Wow StarForDays, how are you so good at Monopoly to win with around $10,000!” Well you see, it’s not all that easy, but a strategic move set of where I got to that amount.

You see, I came up with a new strategy that I thought of that I wanted to try out. I couldn’t believe that I didn’t think of this before but I will definitely try this out more often whenever I play. Now of course the occasional luck was on my side but luck isn’t everything. If you have luck but no strategy, the luck was basically wasted on the piece of trash you are, but we can fix that ;3

The wonderful thing about this is that you can try this out too for yourself! This really only takes a few simple yet long-waiting tasks.

Step 1 - Buy certain properties

You see when playing Monopoly, you have to go straight in! This step requires you to buy one of every color in the game. If the opportunity comes at you when you can buy all blues (Boardwalk and Parkplace) or maybe all greens (Pacific, No. Carolina, and Pennsylvania Ave.) then take it, but all the other colors don’t mess with and only buy one of each. It is important to note to not buy any utilities besides railroads! They’re so useless that I don’t even want to say the names of them, you know what they are. The reason as to why you do this is so your opponents don’t have a chance to buy any Houses or Hotels. Doing that will only worsen your game and will just give you a more likely chance of losing. If some are taken, try to trade with your opponent(s) but don’t make it obvious as to what you are doing or else everything from now on will fail, almost like my parents’ feeling of failure towards me…

Step 2 - Color Set Jitsu

Now if you weren’t able to get one of every color that’s perfectly fine. Everything’s fine, you’re just fine. Then why do I feel this way school counselor… That’s off topic. Anyways, if you don’t have one of every color, you can still do this! If you do have all of them, I’m very proud of you. If only my parents felt that way towards me…

Now if you somehow have a green or blue full color set with one of each color, you’ve basically just won the game! If you don’t have maybe half of one of each color set, call it quits and just give up like my teachers always tell me. If you have somewhat in between, you still have a chance of winning. Once you have a color set of green, blue, or something close and you have all/ most of one of each color set, you now reach the final step of winning this!

Step 3 - “We’re in the Endgame now”

I really love Dr. Strange, he’s my favorite Marvel superhero but you gotta admit, he is a little OP. Anyways, once you’ve completed all the other steps, it’s really just a waiting game until a player falls into your trap of your houses or hotels. If you’re in a spot like blue, you can save some of your money for other things and you just need to buy 3-4 houses for each property. If you want to place down a Hotel that’s fine; $2000 / $1500 will just break their dreams even more which I love to see. Once they get bankrupt, you’ve won the game. Congratulations, you’ve won now! Drink a glass of wine or some type of alcohol and if you’re underage like me, go drink some apple juice or something.

Thanks for reading my guide of how to become a winner, but only in a board game! And always Remember, this is only in Monopoly, not real life, so don’t flip the board. You know exactly who you are, why do you even do that! Smh

1 Like

Railroads have the highest visitation frequency but lower payoff compared to other cards(There are chance cards that also lead to railroads). Getting railroads early game is still very worth it though if you can snag them early.

They are also good because of their specific spot of being the 5th spot on each row, dice odds aren’t actually all an equal chance if you think that btw.

Roll Odds
2 or 12 1:36
3 or 11 1:18
4 or 10 1:12
5 or 9 1:9
6 or 8 5:36
7 1:6

Sorry, I meant to say only say the utilities Water Works and Electric Company. Thanks, I’ll go edit it.