Idea for magic animals

An idea for what could be animals with energy that came from when the magic polluted and destroyed the world, and how it would have probably changed animals from back then to now.

I got bored and did this.

Lumios Lycan

Diet: Carnivorous
Bioluminescent: yes
Noctournal: yes
Locations: forests and mountainous areas

A type of wolf that uses light magic to help it hunt prey. It uses the light magic to go at incredibly fast speeds. It’s an excellent hunter and is higher on the food chain. During the day, it is seen near ponds on rocks, sleeping to regain energy. At night, it wakes up and gets ready to hunt types of animals, such as hares and rodents, but sometimes also hunt for deers and elk. When they are finished hunting, they head to a pond and drink the magic polluted water to restore their magical energy, they then sleep near that pond on a rock to regain more energy as they sleep. Their fur glows yellow in the night and helps them see farther while hunting.

i am incredibly bored

1 Like

Wizards charge back up energy by sleeping and other forms of resting passively, they don’t actually charge, that’s just a game mechanic since a game where you’d have to sleep every time you use magic would get boring

2 Likes

ah, thanks

I did not know this, can you point out a source?

Thanks.
The way he said it though makes me think that, lorewise, one can quickly recharge, as we do in game, while at the same time recharge passively through eating, sleeping, etc. This makes most sense to me.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with this, it was specifically said that since it’s a game, charging is

Keyword only, implying that it’s always an existing thing but stuff like sleeping are excluded from the game.

3 Likes

Name: Lightning Beetles
Diet: Carnivore (Insectivore)
Habitat: Plains and Steppe

Description: A species of nocturnal, flying beetles that utilize lightning magic to hunt prey. They attract prey via the light generated from their electricity and use that electricity to paralyze and kill their food (essentially like a bug zapper). They consume magic-polluted dew and other magic-enhanced insect species to recharge their magic energy.
However, due to the magic energy they contain, as well as the unwanted attention their lights bring, they are eaten by other, larger magic-enhanced animals, such as birds and even desperate wizards.
Humans often capture Lightning Beetles in jars to be used as light sources (like fireflies IRL).

1 Like

another idea:

Umbral Hare
Diet: herbivore
locations: forests near plains and mountains
Diurnal (awake during day, asleep during night)

A passive species of hare that uses shadow magic as a camouflage during the night to hide from predators. They mainly eat herbs and other plants near magic polluted waters and drink from magic polluted ponds to recharge their magic energy. At night they use their shadow magic to hide in the darkness, making them hard to find by nocturnal predators. If they are in a pinch, they can use their shadow magic to use a magic leap and escape predators. They also do this if they feel threatened by wizards who come too close to them.

So could that mean we could just passively regain magic energy during fights? It would likely be an extremely small amount but it would still be cool

That could be a thing yeah. I think since gaining magic energy from food is literally canon, and since eating food is planned, that you should be able to do that, there are only benefits to it.

That would make sense too(and also make food slightly less useless)

Makes characters losing because they “used up most of their magic energy” less dramatic. Why didn’t cursebeard just charge his magic back in 3 seconds + an energy curse?

But there’s probably charging to significantly smaller degrees

Cursebeard was defeated because he was physically tired, emotionally defeated and because he was suddenly attacked.
he had the energy curse so he had infinite energy.
I was just correcting the part about Cursebeard, though I agree with the part about how it makes the deaths more significant

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.