The science behind fire magic? (The thing make no sense)

Exactly my problem, but in the mighty paraphrased words of MatPat of GameTheory, “Some genes are locked and unlocked. Some drugs, and especially alcohol, can switch open genes and result in genetic mutations/malfunctions. Genes can also switch on and off as we age.” (I believe it’s been a long time since I’ve watched the video. vv)

Long story short, is most of everyone theoretically born with magic, but genes prohibit certain people to unlock their potential? And of course some people are born without this “Magical Gene” rendering them magicless at best.

So then what happens to the body, is there a pool of mana or magic energy just within the body. Could this notion be interchangeable terms?

We “charge up” to increase our in-game mana. So how does that happen? Are there “magic receptors” all over the body that funnels and feeds it to the mana pool that we hold within ourselves? And these magic receptors also quite supports the fact that we can be magically in danger if we believe that magic receptors are directly connected to the body’s natural physical pain and temperature receptors, thus resulting in the pain of being “melted” by magma but not ACTUALLY melting because the magic itself isn’t physically taxing but mostly magically taxing.

What defines as “mana pools” is it in a place that it’s stored in like the stomach or are they a separate aspect of the body like magic receptors where these “chargeable, atomic, mini batteries” reside all over the body.

Edit: These receptors could also further explain how people can consume their element, but the question still stands if this effect would take place almost immediately. :thinking:

please tell me this is satire

wait what

Of course not, if it did then we would have magic in real life bruh

1 Like

and that’s Vetex out

It’s also worth noting that the laws of science in this world don’t exactly need to be identical to the real world.

bruh.

i hate people

Most of this stuff has already been explained in the past.

Everyone, even magic-less people, have magic energy dormant in their body. This isn’t stored in an organ or anything, its just an invisible essence, and each person has a limit to how much they can hold, which also increases the more they use magic and the more they age. If you use all the magic energy in your body, you aren’t affected at all, you just can’t use magic until you recharge. People would naturally recharge energy by sleeping, eating, etc., but since this is a game, its limited to only charging.

Charging is your body taking in magic energy from the world nearby

Pain inflicted from magic is your own body’s magic energy conflicting with outside magic energy, since magic energy when used in attacks behaves differently to the “natural” magic energy in the air, sea, and nature. This is why magics like water and wind are harmful.

7 Likes

The “its just a game”, isn’t an excuse. I haven’t bothered thinking of the in-depth science and physics of magic energy. Figuring that out would eventually hit a wall, because Its just magic, which at the end of the day is a fictional thing. Fictional energies and things don’t need to be explained at a damn molecular level. That’s like asking why orcs and goblins exist in other RPGs and then being upset when the answer is “because its fantasy”

5 Likes

The phrase ‘it’s just a game’ is such a weak mindset. You are ok with what happened, losing, imperfection of a craft. When you stop getting angry after losing, you’ve lost twice. There’s always something to learn, and always room for improvement, never settle.

2 Likes

Lol welcome to the arena good sir. The cesspool of discussion topics

You’re right, things don’t NEED to be explained at a molecular level but humans do so anyway because it’s the closest thing they have to “closure” of the unexplained. Similar to the religious tribes and humans everywhere having religion and mythologies that tell stories of how and where earthquakes come from, or how the world came to be.

In this area, we are probably too obsessed out here with our lab coats and test tubes, but thats what’s fun about it. We argue about the game and contemplate the better workings of it and how it affects daily life.

I mean we don’t need to be upset that it’s canon because it just is. We have the choice to fantasize our own pseudo-science to the mix and possibly hope that it’ll soon become canon, but everything about the game is still your call. If you say that magic is just that simple I’ll respect that.

Aaaaand there goes the sanity of the entire post, thank you for the useful info

even tho its just supposed the be magic, this can easily be debunked by saying that the fuel IS magic energy.

Imagine all magics are the same but colored and molded differently :flushed:

with different effects heuheh

HEHEHEHHEHEHEH
The oprhans are melting

2 Likes

Yes, it is satire.

We can’t use energy as a fuel .-.

Ok, I just wanted to grasp one of the fantasy aspect of Arcane, especially of WoM which despite the fantasy setting was quite immersive compared to other roblox RPGs, I guess I just wanted a thing to be logical in a game that was supposed to be magical