Ideas for new word options in spell editor

A fairly simple suggestion, it’s pretty much just the title. Since one of the main features of WoM (imo) is the wide array of customization options for spells, why not make those options even wider!

I’ve grouped the words into adjectives and synonyms/names but those categories are just my opinion and dont have to be followed strictly. I’m 90% sure that these arent already in the game but I apologise if some of them are in fact in the game :sweat_smile: (likely cases of words that might already be in the game are synonyms since each magic has a unique set of them but I haven’t tried all magics yet)

Adjectives:
Divine
Apocalyptic
Astral
Lunar
Unholy
Fallen
Falling
Glorious
Righteous
Crimson
Grand
Ruptured

Synonyms/Names:
Quake
Collapse
Rend
Lance
Barrage
Maelstrom
Devastation
Tempest
Spike
Smite
Sky

Well, that’s all my suggestions. Hopefully one of these is a word that you too would have liked to use in your spells ^^

A suggestion like this already existed and was accepted, but the system seems to have deleted it on accident when purging old suggestions after the fishing update came out.

The google doc does work though, and it has a ton of synonyms for all magics!

Same thing goes for this accepted suggestion

None of these pages were saved on the wayback machine so HUGE rip, I hope staff can still recover them.

I thought they were simply put on private?

also side fun fact this link is my post lol https://forum.worldofmagic.dev/t/magic-high-jump-animation-concept/14672

If they were, then there’s no way for anybody other than staff to know.

Can you still see your post?

I really like these suggestions, especially the adjectives.

Nope, but I got notified for it since you linked it here… So I guess it’s still up but private.

If not even the topic creator can see it i do think it’s just entirely deleted. I’ve had a few suggestion topics get unlisted and I can still view them today

Probably just private tbh.

This was already mentioned before by another user but adding so many adjectives or names can be too confusing for the player and not everyone is willing to scroll through all the options to find what they are looking for. Some may appreciate having more options but likely the majority will simply think this makes it harder to customize spells and they would be less likely to even try and use it in the future. This isn’t too much of a problem with names since you can just search for the name you are looking for with a tool, however it might not work out the same for spells since most times people don’t know what adjectives/names they want before seeing the list.

To make this work you would need some way of toggling more or less options, maybe just a switch in the GUI that toggles between the most popular options for that magic and all options.

The only people who won’t do that are little kids who probably don’t even know how to name spells anyway.

It’s not hard to find what you want because the names are ordered alphabetically, so say if you wanted “heavy” just scroll down to H. You don’t have to read every single name on the way, just look at the first letters.

Personally I hate when I have a cool sounding name idea then I find the adjective simply isn’t in the game, way more than I’ve had trouble naming my spells.

The large amount of options has actually helped me name spells because I see words I wouldn’t have thought of.

Yeah but again, most people don’t know what they want to name their spell until they look at the options. If they see a list as big as the names list is they would be discouraged from actually customizing their spell. Not all of us are dedicated enough to spend hours fishing for some blue sword, let alone scrolling through a huge list of names and adjectives. People just want to play the game, they don’t want to spend several minutes looking for a cool name, so what does it hurt having the ability to switch between more and less options to make it easier?

You can just pick from names A-G, it’s not hard.
Move names like Crystal Dart, Explosion Bazooka, and Angry are pretty good names, and all near the top of the list.

Generally how I do it is I see something decent near the top, pick it as a placeholder, then go down the list looking. This is assuming I don’t have a name in mind already.

A simplified list would be fine I guess, but it would lead to more “generic” spell names.

Generic names are better than no names at all. Sorting by letters would just lead to people always picking “A” names like how we have tons of Aces and Aarons, plus it still leaves people with tons of names to scroll through. Just keep a simple list and maybe have an option in settings to expand the list for those who really want the “perfect” name.

They are in a private category for Vetex that staff can see.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.