If you were King Calvus

Not fucking become a savant and only work on becoming a mage because of vetex making mages the strongest

Well, for one, I would be nowhere near as brutal as he was in dealing with Winterveil, and would go out of my way to ensure whatever refugees their fall created would find a safe haven in my kingdom. I would also be far more lenient toward criminals, and actually live up to the reputation for being noble and fair that Ravenna’s leaders seem to like to cultivate. Oh, and I’d also fulfill the promises Calvus made to fix up Tiberia, thus nipping an upcoming kidnapping that occurs during the main storyline in the bud. And finally, I’d tell the Order to get bent and do everything in my power to disrupt their plans and keep the sea curses out of their clutches.

And if anyone mistakes me doing all these morally upright things as signs of weakness… I’ll just give them a rather explosive education on all the reasons Alyssa, the Light Mage I play in Arcane Odyssey, is still stuck on King Calvin despite being over 5 levels above the recommended level.

… Yeah, you still lost. Sorry bud, better luck next time.

Necropost of the century

Except for the fact that one: those two are just a contingency for if the mc doesn’t simply accept the invitation, and two: the player would still be in Frostmill at this point so around 25 levels lower from when they fight Elias and many levels lower than when they fight Carnia. Over all the plan still works.

Carina’s fight would literally be balanced at Elius’s level, and though it’d be harder, Elius would still be entirely possible.

Basically: nah, I’d win.

And should the player simply accept the invitation? In fact the involvement with the mc is just in case Calvus doesn’t deal with Iris first. So no matter what happens, there’s very little chance for victory on the MC’s part.

Nah.

I’d.

Win.

grow spices no really: you can get dummy powerful by giving people what they want as you get what you need

Arcane Odyssey: Now with 70% more Fascism!

1 Like

Well yeah, Ravenna is based off of Rome/Italy, where the term originated.

Many visits to the Sun Palace.

Wait rome was fascist? I thought they were just based and redpilled purifiers of culture? /j

The Roman Empire? No, at least cause facism hadn’t really been invented yet. Fascism did come from Italy though in the early 1900s iirc, which I’m pretty sure is what Bronze is referring to.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I was referring to. However, the term is derived from a symbol of the Roman emperors (or at least their power.) The fasces, was a bundle of sticks in which an axe was placed. It was also used by fascist Italy because Mussolini saw himself as a successor to Rome. This isn’t me correcting Follest, btw I just wanted to share this fact I know.

1 Like