I'm very lost on making a mage build, I NEED HELP

For context, my mage’s element right now is ash and magma, hopefully ash and flare once flare comes out. It took 136 levels for me to realize that I have a pretty random mage build with so much random stuff equipped, along with doing pretty not-good damage, I need that fixed ASAP.
These are my current equippables at the moment, I need suggestion on what set I should grind for (I’m also looking forward to cutting down my defense as well since I’m too beefy with less damage). My stats:

:fr:
u should get at least 60 in a stat or the effect is unnoticable
replace intensity for power
getting less defense is prob a good idea…
please don’t use drawback
:+1:

1 Like

In that case, should I farm for Calus’ armor set or is there another alternative set I should focus on?

Using ash and magma, you’ll likely be relying on size and agility the most to hit your shots, so calvus’ armour would be the way to go
To supplement it I’d recommend frozen/drowned elite noble’s pauldrons and a magma arcsphere which would give power + size, with most of your defense coming from hard enchants and some agate gems

1 Like

how 2k defense?

1 Like

i went argos’ set with hard enchahntment

Also tankyu for your input, Tankyu.

1 Like

1 Like

fatass
Biologlol would’ve been so proud of you
truly a 3k health moment

1 Like

I’ve finally settled with Calvus’ armor set but the real question is, which gems I should affix into my armor?

get like 70+ power

1 Like

cut out the painite, intensity, if that regen is given by an armor piece that gives regen-(other stat) cut it out.

1 Like

your build needs more defense
(or just get items or enchants that give power)