Increase the size of our second magics

Increase the size of our second magics https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/a/0/a057355ac6d6f710bda3fd9024672f90aaa3345c.jpeg
effort 2.5 2 quality 3.5 2 reasonability 2.5 2

Proposal

As of right now I personally think our second magic is wayyy tooo small
to encourage using outside of synergies so I suggest your second magic should be no smaller than 10% your original magic.

Example

As you can see from the example my second magic lightning is wayyyy too tiny and should be at least twice as big

if you know how tiers work, you’ll know itll get bigger as you level up

I mean to begin with I feel like it’s way too small

well duh, you dont have complete and utter mastery to your second magic to a degree as your first. at about level 200 it’ll be as large as 1st magic is now (or at least youll have all the moves)

The whole point of my suggestion is to not make the magic size related to mastery or at least buff the size for some spells

the whole point of tiers are to SHOW mastery, and removing this would undermine that. for example the javelin you showed is t1, which would be javelin on 1st magic under 200 magic. your spells rn on 2nd magic are the size of hybrid spells lol

Not really since you’ll still unlock spells

also if magic size wasnt related to mastery the only thing pure builds would have over hybrids would be more moves

And what’s wrong with that? Keep in mind I’m cool if your second magic was only 10% smaller or slightly more compared to how tiny it is now

the thing that’s wrong with that is that people would be discouraged from running a pure build, as a lightning warlock with 150 magic would get the same stuff as mage (except surge and pulsar) AND a fighting style. same with conjurer

How would that discourage people from running a pure build? If you like mage and having 2 magics to use it shouldn’t be a problem

Probably should’ve stated that this would only apply to mages unless it doesn’t affect the other classes too much

those are both fair points. i doubt vetex will change this anyway tho as tiers have been in use since AA

1 Like

Hopefully he just buffs the sizes of second magics by a lil bit

Our second magic IS supposed to be small due to the fact that we just learned it and only leveled up about 5 levels after it.

Besides, level 125 is particularly a weak level in the AO verse, It’s best to use beam and blast for your 2nd magic since it’s the most effective (or javelin).

But does it have to be that small though?

Yup, It’s supposed to be that small it’s a 1st tier magic after all. Much smaller if your 2nd magic is light or lightning (maybe even wind)

our magic didnt triple in size when we rowed to redwake, fought pirates and got clothes over 5 levels, why would the 5 levels after getting our second magic be any different?

if theres a good balancing reason to change that then go suggest it in the balancing server instead
heres its moreso for ideas than number changes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.