World of Magic - Information Guide to all 23 Elemental Magics

Thanks, I’ll fix this.

yo meta can you also add information about the ash clouds that ash spawns? like their damage and how long they last, and stuff like that. same with poison clouds I guess. you could also do that for puddles of magics like acid and magma

You are my inspiration for my unending suffering in the data workfield, it may hurt but thank you for inspiring me to learn more abt the game

Good Job GG :+1: :smiley:

OMG, this information is worth millions

You should add a Role to each magic, which would be two words that describe it’s playstyle.

Example A - Iron is a “Heavy Direct” magic.
Example B - Acid is a “Standard Zoner” magic.
Example C - Wind is a “Light Support” magic.

2 Likes

That would be cool. I’ll consider the idea.

This is a pretty cool idea overall, actually. You mind if I make a thread asking for people’s opinions on their magics in little blurbs like this?

Go ahead. That would be helpful, I guess.

also meta, in the clashing part of each magic, where you say how many clash advantages and disadvantages each magic has, some of the magics there have outdated info. fix pls. also would be nice if you added info about stuff like puddles or clouds some magics can produce.

Would it be possible to add information on exactly how clashes work? The clash table gives a rough idea of who wins, but it leaves a couple questions unanswered:

• Is the “base clash strength” of a blast affected by magic damage (or any stat)?
  • Who’s the “attacker” and “defender” in a clash? If earth and water blasts hit each other (1.5 vs 0.25), does the earth blast have a cumulative 6x advantage? If there was a clash where both magics had positive/negative matchups against each other, how would that work?

I’m not too sure about both of those questions, but what I’m sure about is that explosion size/amount settings for spells definitely affect clash strength.

1 Like

Added some relatively accurate destruction multipliers to each magic.

1 Like

I have a suggestion. In the overall damage section it’s supposed to show the impact damage + DoT damage but sometimes DoT damage is conditional on a certain portion of the opponent’s health being taken so wood magic’s listed overall damage and impact damage are the same. I think you should separate the overall damage section into sections for DoT that’s guaranteed, DoT that requires 33% of the opponent’s health to be taken and DoT that needs 5% of the opponent’s health to be taken.

33% only happens if you overlevel your opponent anyway, in which case you’re basically guaranteed to win. 5% happens pretty much always unless you underlevel your opponent severely, in which case you’re bound to lose anyway. he should just disregard 33% and take the 5% as granted imo

Well the 5% might not apply if blocking happens and there are glass cannon build people who can feasibly deal 33% of their health in damage with one attack (including me) plus it’s not too unusual for pvp to happen between players with a big level gap especially if the higher level player is also having to fight the magic council so I’d still consider it important to mention. If it’s not worth the effort then something in the notes could be added to clarify that the 33% is disregarded. I just think it would be a good idea.

no at the same level a glass cannon won’t take 33%. only if the other person is undergeared, but in a near-equal level/gear situation it won’t happen. but yeah it plays a role in unequal situations, but in that case you don’t need the dot to begin with since you can literally 3 shot the enemy. and yeah good point with the blocking, but since the dot is based off of how much dmg you do, if it gets blocked the dot still wouldn’t do any significant damage at all, even if it always activated.

I’m a glass cannon myself with 87 power from equipment and I do 164 impact damage per non-charged max size blast attack. A complete glass cannon would have 93 power from equipment and 454 health so it could happen that someone takes 33% of an equal level opponent’s health and people who plan to use a magic that requires 33% of the opponent’s health to be taken could plan to make their builds glass cannon builds in order to be able to make use of that bleed damage. I agree that any damage that survives a block is usually insignificant, unless a lot of your attacks are being blocked. For people who are good at blocking, a significant portion of the damage they take could still come from the leftover damage after an attack is blocked. Bleeding damage does 1/4 the impact damage so against a low level opponent it’s not likely to make the difference between 2-shotting or 3-shotting them which isn’t likely to change the overall outcome of any battle but neither was the fact that crystal magma and sand have a 0.025 lower impact damage multiplier than earth. Whether that info is “significant” to anyone is just a matter of opinion. I wouldn’t exclude info just because it’s not relevant for most fights. I still wouldn’t consider it anything less than an improvement to either say that the bleeding damage for wood, crystal and earth magic is disregarded or make a separate section for them.

I see my shortsightedness now, my bad. But going full glass cannon is foolish and normally wouldn’t happen, so i still stand by that 33% being useless. Also yeah, at such high values the fights will be very fast and have no proper time for dot to have decisive effect, especially if bleeding only does 1/4 bonus dmg, just as you mentioned.

on scorched it says it increases fire damage by 25%, but on fire it doesn’t say anything about doing more damage to scorched targets. fix pls