Iris but steampunk

Oh dear a second iris fanart in a row? But this time round I tried to do something steampunk inspired because I love steampunk a lot.
Unfortunatelyyy this isn’t full body art so a lot of the steampunk elements I would’ve originally added are cropped out. So I had to dump in the goggles in hopes that it’ll bring at least some of the missing steampunk vibes.

As a person with terribly inconsistent art style (partly because I suck at remembering how I drew stuff and partly because sticking to the same style without more experimentation is too boring for me) I just had to try a slightly different style again. I tried to stick to a style similar to that of my previous drawings, and attempted to do semi-realism like I always try to (and maybe fail at), so…

Enough of me talking.

Here’s the result of me drawing something while not even knowing wth I’m doing. I’m not very happy but… I honestly enjoyed drawing in this style… heh…

20 Likes

Sameee, I always have inconsistent art style… :sob:

But heck yeah, Iris as a steampunk, let’s gooo!-

Wait? You going do Morden next?

1 Like

Something I used to do to remember how I drew something is record speedpaints/timelapses of the selected piece of the art (or sometimes the whole art in general. unfortunately i found out that krita speedpaints are very inefficient so i had to stop recording until i’ll maybe find another way to record speedpaints). something else you can do is teach yourself the methods of other artists that may be more simplified or maybe easier, but it depends if you can find an artists with a similar style to yours
sorry for the large chunk of text :')

1 Like

Oh yea, I babbled so much unnecessary nonsense there that I forgot to add that I was thinking about doing Morden next. But my problem is, it might look different because I don’t know if I can replicate this style very accurately (especially since it’s kinda my first time doing this style. I sometimes care too much about perfect accuracy in such cases :sob:). Also, I suck at drawing guys hahahha… :((

But I think I’ll still try it. I love Morden (more than Iris). Been wanting to make a fan art for him.

Thanks for the tips! (Also no worry about the large chunk of text. I actually enjoy reading large chunks of text heh…)

1 Like

Don’t worry, at least you don’t screw your art style so bad, your brain literally have to do a reset…

Yeah, that doesn’t happen to me, yeahhh…

But wish you luck making Morden!

1 Like

love it :slight_smile: iris with goggles is something i didn’t know i needed

1 Like

I’m also pretty much struggling with the inconsistent artstyle :sob: (kind of a reason why most of my posts are just so random)
Tho I would say that I’ve improved since my first ever post, I still can’t seem to find the style that i’m most comfortable with in my mind lol hence the lack of art, I’m still searching yk :pensive:

But hey, it’s alright. This art journey is all about experimenting new things and just learning stuff in general! Until we can find a style that we enjoy and be comfortable of it~

Anywayss, I love how you drew Iris here, gives her a slight sassy vibe :laughing:

1 Like