Is it better to use a defence build or a damage build?

try to copy my build for more defense

I’ve punished people severely for getting up close and using Great Spin. And all the people I’ve fought I see use the Sunken Sword have used it very predictably, allowing me to counter them. I keep my distance and use beams and placed explosions, and then blast them when they get close.

I wish I could be good at pvp like you

For quick and damaging magics, go attack heavy.

For slow but tanky magics, go defence heavy.

Always hybrid no matter what rn the meta is… hard hard hard hard hard… on power amulet dull poor, defense dull, wizard pants and robes

Ya, hybrid is just far superior unless you can somehow get full hard sunken and are a god with weapons

or you get sunken sword strong or any sunken sword in which… go defense if you have 0 skill and you know do the thing
in every other situation besides for the one you just described… go hybrid

hybrid is cool. i use glass cannon in one-sided fights. i have yet to get a full tank/sword build

get a hard or strong dull defense amulet instead, then you’ll be fine
ps you should get the other enchant on the shield because its much better

If you want a good hybrid build just follow mine lol

Bruv it’s better to have all hard enchants than 1 strong

Try to copy my build

Wizard set, dull power amulet, dull defense amulet, poor power amulet, all enchanted with hard. It should give you about 1k health with a good chunk of magic power left over.

Yes, i got 1k hp with 71 power. The best build i have

Well, this is a duality that you’re observing. Defense builds go against damage builds, and damage builds go against defense builds. So, inherently, there’s no reason to take prioritize one side of that duality. Now, most people, for some reason, are making damage builds the meta. I think it ultimately depends more on your magic. For instance, I have light magic and benefit highly from a power & magic speed build or a magic speed & casting speed build. That would be a poor choice for a gold user.

personally i switch the hard poor power amulet for a strong one, because if i use hard then it lowers all my DoTs but yeah its still a good set

Ya DoT rounding becomes a whole different problem, but I was assuming only impact dmg wise