Is Parrying Detrimental to AO?

Can you react to a magic blast or projectile coming towards you and perfect block it in time? It seems like Vetex wants reacting to a projectile and perfect blocking it to stay in but he wants other mechanics and skill sets to be used too.

I can depending on certain factors. I’ve seen other people do it very consistently, though, to the point of making some kinds of attacks useless

Yes it is lol

I think it makes things more interesting! If you’ve played deepwoken before, you’ll notice it’s combat revolves quite a bit around parrying, which makes it so the combat isnt just hold w, shift lock, spam moves. You need to be thinking more about when to use moves, how to outsmart the enemy and look for openings. It makes things more intense and interesting, which i think is pretty good given PvP is a secondary focus in AO. It would be kinda boring if PvP was simple. thats my opinion anyway

1 Like

just block parry dodge vent roll jump run attack pee fuck suck cock fly eat drink sleep play spam touch leave cry crouch poop meow woof ora milk fire sunken grass palm sit look down up right left stick finger and repeat

3 Likes

I am genuinely wondering how you haven’t been punished to the fullest yet here lol

Same honestly lol

yea, they’ve made some pretty weird remarks

my man sleeps in the middle of his combo :skull:

so true breastie…

Nah

get good

so you’re a parry master robot now too huh

honestly I cannot understand how you guys find it completely fine for people to be able to abuse p blocking

like mimhere said, passive players suck.

what does this mean

Referring to this

oh

what if i wanna be passive tho

then ur bad :sleepy:

TLDR Stop playing wom

What if the developer intended for the PvP to appeal to “passive players”? It’s almost all about developer intent when it comes to determining whether a mechanic that can be used by every stat build is good for the game or not.

yeah AO is definitely not meant to be a “passive” game

have you seen the combat leaks?