I've noticed a plot hole caused by the storyline revamp

So, as we all know, Arcane Odyssey’s plot takes place around a month after the Peacekeeper defeated Durza, but I’ve noticed a plot hole.

World of Magic (Which is now non-canon) takes place hundreds of years after the Peacekeeper defeated Durza, and magic has evolved in that period of time, meaning you can select Plasma, Snow, etc. as your starting magic.

But Arcane Odyssey takes place barely any time after Durza’s defeat, but presumably, we can still choose mutations and stuff as our starting magic.

How did magic evolve so fast in Arcane Odyssey? Was Peacekeeper’s and Durza’s clash so powerful it changed/messed up magic energy and stuff?

2 Likes

Honestly very good question. The reason why we have so many magics rn is because of the time in between WoM and AA. I’m curious to how they’ll explain it. Maybe it’ll be ignored.

maybe magic is more evolved in the war seas

5 Likes

When the lore says magic “evolved”, I think it means the practice of magic has developed.
presumably the people on the war seas are just more magically advanced

You gotta keep in mind we are quite far away from the 7 seas. The war seas could just have more evolved magic.

Okay, I’m going to go with the theory that wizards in the War Seas are more advanced at their magic, until Vetex gives an official explanation (Which is probably just going to be this theory.)

well the only way we can get an answer is probably from the man himself

@Vetex

How is WoM non-canon? I don’t remember seeing that said specifically or I’m blind, so enlighten me please.

Thanks to the new lore coming from the total game revamp, the magius we walk on rn is retconned.

It’s likely because the seven seas’ magic evolved into what we see in World of Magic. In Arcane Odyssey, it’s a different area with different magics and such.

no, WoM still happened, we just dont live in that time period

probably ended differently tho /:

I see no reason for that, Magius has nothing to do with AO so it might as well stay the same in the lore.
I could take your word for it, but I would prefer a quote saying “yeah, that place, Magius or whatever, that’s scrapped, forget that it ever existed”.

Maybe the people in the war seas are more advance and experience than the people in Arcane adventure knowing that is where the gods used to live. Not sure if this still applies, but in the culture thingy in the trello Greeks are more adapted

Mostly so, knowing that mount olympus(the place where the gods live) has fallen there

It’s probably something about how the other side of the world is totally different than the 7 Seas. Some things that occur in the Arcane Adventures side of the world may handle magic differently than the Arcane Odyssey side of the world

Damn, I hope we get more customization and stuff in the War Seas

One thing you’re not understanding is that, just because we didn’t reach mutations in AA, doesn’t mean they never existed. The “mutations” from AA could have very well been reguralized in the war seas just like starter magics were in AA.

He said the bosses were scrapped, he didn’t explicitly say it in the lore but it’s safe to assume WoM is scrapped.

Verdies had a mutation in AA which is plasma

Yes fuck those bosses they were bad >:c