Jewel Crafting is here!

Damn vetex cooked good

the testers better test this one HARD before gem socketing and jewel creafting makes it into the game. Dude, imagine getting free attack power, defense, or attack size.

2 Likes

i wonder if we’ll be able to have 2 of the same jewel type on an item

I doubt so, but if that’s true

10 gems that all give energy regeneration and power
imagine that

This sounds like a very unique system! This allows players to put multiple and more interesting effects on armour without just having rarer enchantment scrolls, which wouldn’t be nearly as interesting as a crafting system.

I’m ngl only the energy regen and block ones are useful (regen mostly for the future aura change), air capacity < potion, climbing speed straight useless, attack knockback is for gimmick builds, swimming speed better than climb but still kinda useless, and attack destruction useless

I hope you can have the same gem but not the same reagent on one item, that way there’s a little more variety reagent usage wise

These are definitely not going to be the only ones for jewel crafting though, I assume every reagent is gonna get some form of effect for jewel crafting

The only confirmed reagent for effects atm is ironskin giving blocking power (and somewhat water breathing for air capacity)

The note literally says not all reagents can be used and those listed are the only ones jewels can have, maybe more are added in the future but rn it’s just these until otherwise is said

the description says “as of now” for it, so i assume we will be getting more

You know I wonder what AO would be like with less player movement options, since ashit ton of mechanics feel like they were made with the assumption that the player is not a moving piece of utter shat.

how many more things do we need scattered around the islands :frcryin:

next update

• added 4 different toolstations around different islands

True I missed that, still most listed rn are booty cheeks

here’s what I predict for the reagents for the other effects:

swimming speed: tide reagents
attack knockback: gale reagents
climbing speed: agility reagents

I don’t know what attack destruction would use

I think climbing and swim speed could be useful for exploration instead, depending on how useful the effects are

Agreed, smaller attacks and slower gameplay until higher levels really seems like how our current level is supposed to be. We got possibly 900 more levels to go but level 125 seems like the perfect pvp level, scaling is gonna be hard to deal with

2 Likes

Captain cabins will most likely have the option to add cooking pots, cauldrons, and tool stations so I don’t mind

1 Like

Prob not, if we could imagine what a 10 knockback gems wind mage full intensity could do

teleportation magic

2 Likes

Reaching mimhere was never so easy…

HOLLUP BARTOLOMEW KUMA BUILD REAL?!