Jewel Crafting is here!

Text
  • Added jewelcrafting tables around various islands.
  • Added a tip to gem descriptions explaining that they can be used in jewelcrafting, and tells what type of stat that gem would give when crafted with.
  • Added a tip to some reagent item descriptions that are usable in jewelcrafting.
  • You can now craft jewels using 1 gem and 5 of a compatible reagent type using a jewelcrafting table, just like how cooking pots/cauldrons work.
  • When crafted, the gem color will change and it will become a new item, named after the jewelcrafter’s skill level, its effect, and then the gem name. (Ex: Crude Breathing Zircon)
    • Jewelcrafting skill cannot be leveled up currently, but it will affect the jewel’s name, rarity tier, and given stat.
  • Crafted gems give a small amount of a single stat (such as a diamond giving defense when crafted into a jewel), and also a secondary effect which is controlled by which potion reagent you use. (Such as the Ironskin reagent being used in jewelcrafting to give jewels Blocking Power %)
    • Tier 2 reagents can also be used in jewelcrafting which give twice as much secondary effect as their Tier 1 counterpart. Not all potion reagents can be used in jewelcrafting, only ones that say so in their item descriptions. As of now, these are the possible secondary effects that jewels can have:
      • Air Capacity, Blocking Power, Swimming Speed, Attack Knockback, Climbing Speed, Energy Regeneration, and Attack Destruction
  • Jewels can be affixed to accessories, chestpieces, or leggings in the inventory when clicked on. The amount of jewel sockets the item has depends on its level range and rarity, and no item can have over 2 sockets. Empty sockets display in the corner of item thumbnails if they have sockets available, or the socket icon will be filled with a gem if one is affixed.
    • Jewels can only apply their stat and secondary effect when affixed to an item.
2 Likes

Babe wake up, New trello update dropped

A bad resume on jewelcraft update

Lots of tinkerer workshops from terraria around the map, they are the gems’ cauldrons, you can use 1 gem and up to 5 reagents when crafting enchanted gems.

We will get a new bar for lifeless mfkers that want all titles, just like cooking and potion brewing your skill level will make the rarity and effects of the gems you craft better.

New effects to armor and equipamentos! Items will have sockets that you can put your awesome gems into, they will give varied effects. The ammount of sockets an item have depende on it s rarity and level, it cant go above 2

List of the effects given by the gems

Increase Air capacity: no explanation needed
Increased Block power: take less damage when blocking or parrying
Increased swimming speed: no explanation needed
Increased attack knockback: attacks that have knockback will get its power increased
Increased climbing speed: no explanation needed
Increased energy restoration: no explanation needed
Increased attack destruction: no explanation needed

1 Like
  • 2 sockets at maximum is a good start
  • none of the stats they give (besides energy regeneration and maybe blocking power) look overpowered
    Okay this looks LIT

Reagents? Oh wow those are gonna be super valuable now huh?

Good lord attack knockback? Can we make wind even more busted?

2 Likes

holy shit meta’s gonna change so much

Wind magic users on their way to send people to the dark sea after using an ultimate art:

3 Likes

I hope we get a list of what reagents give what for jewel crafting

Damn vetex cooked good

the testers better test this one HARD before gem socketing and jewel creafting makes it into the game. Dude, imagine getting free attack power, defense, or attack size.

2 Likes

i wonder if we’ll be able to have 2 of the same jewel type on an item

I doubt so, but if that’s true

10 gems that all give energy regeneration and power
imagine that

This sounds like a very unique system! This allows players to put multiple and more interesting effects on armour without just having rarer enchantment scrolls, which wouldn’t be nearly as interesting as a crafting system.

I’m ngl only the energy regen and block ones are useful (regen mostly for the future aura change), air capacity < potion, climbing speed straight useless, attack knockback is for gimmick builds, swimming speed better than climb but still kinda useless, and attack destruction useless

I hope you can have the same gem but not the same reagent on one item, that way there’s a little more variety reagent usage wise

These are definitely not going to be the only ones for jewel crafting though, I assume every reagent is gonna get some form of effect for jewel crafting

The only confirmed reagent for effects atm is ironskin giving blocking power (and somewhat water breathing for air capacity)

The note literally says not all reagents can be used and those listed are the only ones jewels can have, maybe more are added in the future but rn it’s just these until otherwise is said

the description says “as of now” for it, so i assume we will be getting more

You know I wonder what AO would be like with less player movement options, since ashit ton of mechanics feel like they were made with the assumption that the player is not a moving piece of utter shat.