Jewel Crafting is here!

i sure hope so
i dont want to farm for 10000 amounts of one specific gem just to experiment with builds
theres like too many layers of rng with that

3 Likes

i’m pretty sure we’ll be able to unequip gems in some way

There are a few games i’ve played where affixed gems can’t be removed without destroying them, so I wouldn’t be too surprised if thats the case for AO (though i hope its not)

me too.

seeing all this talk about gems brings me back to a game i used to play called king of theives, and there was a gem merging system that gem crefting reminds me of. the more gems you fused into the source gem, the more powerful and valuable it would become.

1 Like

i wonder if the jewels will like show on the armor attached, so you can see if someone has jewels imbedded on it in game without asking or carefully looking at what they do

3 Likes

King of Thieves W, I loved that game but it got repetitive for me at later stages

Yeah fr, though i sort of grew up on that game at some stage of my life

same with C.A.T.S and bloons monkey city

I mean like in game, in 3D, in world, if you can see actual gems imbedded into someone’s armor or accessory

that would be cool, but he’d somehow have to add gem slots to almost every in-game item for a cosmetic thing

(most ppl also just wear vanity too)

1 Like

right vanity, welp

yeah it wouldn’t really matter much because more people put vanity on than just keeping their armor showing

We need gem socketing vanity then, would be cool

Forget getting sent across an island, with all this knockback your ass is going straight back to the Seven Seas & Arcane Adventures.

3 Likes

Side note, and something I hope:

I don’t want gems to give power. Part of my hope for them is that they shine a light on secondary stats you might not touch otherwise, allowing players to flesh out their builds. If power (or defense for that matter) is an option, people are almost always going to take it.

shadow wizard money gang fr

2 Likes

power amulets use zircon and zircon is a findable gem so yeah power’s probably gonna be a gem

2 Likes

king of thieves, man the memories

Me omw to have all attackspeed gems

What I’m interested in is the gems that aren’t tied to any amulets yet, what stats will they give? A mix of two stats?