[Julie's Text Walls THREE] negativity

I am aware that the nature of my posts in contrast to this episode is laughable, but give me a second to explain.

look I’m not a hypocrite

Creating these rants, while creating a fun theme and neat branding, I sometimes can’t help but feel that people overlook a certain aspect. Hate is a very strong word, as it implies a certain level of hostility and resentment. Obviously I can’t blame people for expecting such an attitude, as the nature of rants are notorious for their childish demeanor, certain level of angst and unthoughtful comments and points.

People say looking at the negative only is a bad way to approach life; but I don’t think that having a certain level of pessimism is necessarily harmful. In fact, complaining is one of those things humans in general just seem to love doing. We complain about being tired; complain about work; complain about colleagues. People you’ve never met. The government. And why do we complain so much? Because it’s fun.

Everyone enjoys a good ramble, as it’s occasionally necessary to being a stable human being. But frequently people forget something very important. That is, rant etiquette.

Rant etiquette requires three main rules for you to be taken seriously, and as long as you’re negative along these lines, it’s perfectly okay in my book:

1. Don’t be a huge, unrelenting asshole about it.
Being civil and respectful to other people is the most basic thing that all humans should try to do. It really isn’t difficult. This also applies when you’re a negative asshole.

Much like typing a comment on a YouTube video, you should re-read it in your head and think about the possible repercussions for what you’re about to say. If you have the tiniest doubt, don’t say it. Because, is it really worth saying “I HATE *things people like* PEOPLE.”? No. No it’s not. I know being rational when things are being difficult, but just think. Such intolerance deserves you to be crowned the biggest bigot on the planet.

2. Think about the other side of the coin.
It’s all well and good to complain and be negative, but what’s the point if you completely dismiss the other side of the argument? You’re not achieving anything. A well-rounded and balanced rant can only succeed when you at least acknowledge why people think the other way to you.

Get over it. You’re a human with a brain. Hence why non-brained aliens and animals are excused from these rules.

“I HATE *thing*, IT SUCKS.”
Why does it suck? Give me a reason as to why it sucks. Because if you don’t, people are going to throw it straight into the ‘I’m never gonna listen or respect your opinion again’ drawer. There are exceptions from this rule, however. Such as, if I said: “I hate bigots. They suck.”, you don’t really need to explain it because it’s obvious.

3. Present yourself in a non-dickhead way.
As long as you present your negative thoughts while thinking about the first two points, you should at least manage to get through your life without getting beaten to death by Dream stans.

Let’s put this into a real-life example!
You go to a counter and ask for some chewing gum. The cashier says they’re all out of gum. So what do you do?
(A.) “what do you mean you don’t have any more gum? this is a shop, you should sell things I want at all times! that’s it, call your manager, this is unacceptable!”
(B.) “oh okay then. it’s not like gum is a rare commodity. I’ll find it elsewhere, thanks.”

So which do you choose?
Clearly, A is the correct answer. Being out of chewing gum is fucking unacceptabl-

As long as you continue to present your naked thoughts in a realistic and respectful manner, no moronic is going to dissuade or dishearten me otherwise. As long as you follow the etiquette, or you present it as entertainment or comedy, what really is the harm in it?

4 Likes

noted

the gist of this whole post:

bro just chillout lmao