[Julie's Text Walls TWO] opinions

My posts and this series is a reflective on how I feel on the subject of the matter. The fact that I’m compelled to do these, through the fact that thousands of keyboard warriors from Twitter will shoot me down, is stupid.

And I think that’s kind of the issue. We hold opinions onto this godly pedestal, validating them to be more than just opinions.

And for good reason. Our personalities are entirely based around peoples’ opinions that we either choose to agree or disagree with.

The fabric on how we treat opinions is interesting.

What influences opinions? Anything from family, friends, acquaintances, social media, pop culture, government, etc.

The fact of the matter is, when somebody says “nobody cares about your opinion” or “your opinion is different than mine. I don’t want to hear it, and it means you’re wrong”, the opposite prevails as true.

People are inherently curious as to what other people think. We naturally want to share ideas, beliefs and opinions. And the problem with opinions is how other people choose to react to it.

Which is why opinions piss me off.

Why can’t you just accept that this person likes this thing or does this activity? Probably because being a reasonable and thoughtful human is unheard of; and probably because you’re almost validating your opinion by reacting in such a hyperbolic way.

People make it their life’s mission to try and change the opinions of people who disagree with them, going as far as death threats. Changing somebody’s opinion this way is very difficult. Forcing somebody to change their opinion will do nothing but give them a reason to plant themselves even deeper to their original mindset.

I think people in general are scared to form their own opinions. We search desperately for a way to validate everything, when in really everything should be focusing on the thing itself, not why you’re an idiot for feeling the way you do.

Then again this was my opinion.

3 Likes

Lol opinions are cool.

But it all boils down to what you believe in the end.

WHY DO YOU HAVE MOD

1 Like

Huh it’s just for the Seasoned Writers.

You can apply

just realized that now

Lol :ok_hand:t2:

become a writer

become a moderator

become a predator

:troll:

if it’s morally questionable or against my principles then that becomes difficult

i agree with this way too much

having a small argument over opinions is fine but when someone starts forcing their own upon another person it’s complete bullshit

it gets even worse when they think what they’re saying is true fact and should not be argued against, which leads to a slight god/goddess complex, which leads to…

you get the point.

1 Like

i agree with most of this as well. twitter/social media is probably the biggest factor in this.

Echo chambers are largely to blame for our… current disposition. Echo chambers are also basically encouraged with social media. I think the only way for humans to really come together were if there was a catastrophic event, like fucking planetary destruction level. Kinda sad but whatever. The only thing we can do now is brush it off and move on.

3 Likes