Just came up with this

kinda suspicious that people lost their weapons when the update was launched. Its also kinda convenient that this happened after vetex expressed his dislike of people abusing luck V to get sunkens easily and even deleted all legendary fish scales.

And isnt it really convenient that the mod team cant restore them?

idk, just a thought

you JUST NOW realised this?

nah, just all of a sudden decided to care

they aren’t gonna do anything about it

its genuinely kinda annoying as i lost my sunken today even when i joined an hour an a bit after the update

at what fucking time are wipes due to a bug supposed to happen? Besides, wiping ALL weapons wouldn’t even solve the sunken issue since I feel like people commonly forget that sunken armour is a thing and it’s not just the weapons, plus wiping completely normal weapons would be a stupid idea just to hide some sort of secret bug. Besides, it got fixed like two hours afterwards, so anyone that had these sunkens that were supposedly targeted and joined later still kept them, meaning the sunken issue STILL wouldn’t be solved. And no, it’s actually extreme inconvenience that is why the mod team can’t restore them, because if you restore some you need to restore all, and there were literal thousands of accounts to restore and only like 3 people that actually have restore perms in AO

i feel bad for the traders who lost all their sunkens and rare weapons. Now their inventories’ value are halved and all those hours of looking for rare stuff to trade

dawg its not that deep

how did you lose it today???

did you even read that all

i aint reading allat(too lazy)

The dislike to luck abuse was resolved by making it harder to get scales for luck potions renewably (dealing with the source directly). Current leg scales would need to be deleted as a result.

Mods can’t restore because of the sheer number of people affected, it would either take months for 2 or 3 people (excluding vetex) to fix or it would be unfair for the people who didn’t get restored from a random pick.

Weapon bug did not appear in TU and Roblox loves changing code between TU and maingame apparently, so it’s quite unknown whether it was intentional or accidental.

Also, the bug depended on the weapon’s level, so it was an error relating to the weapon level revamp, not specifically targeted toward sunkens. This is emphasised by Warm’s point that sunken armors weren’t affected (as much since I heard some were wiped).

were the servers shutdown before the fix or were all servers fixed at the same time?

people making up the wackiest fanfic conspiracy theories on why the weapon wipe happened:

it really is just roblox being a dipshit yall, ik enough of roblox messing up scripts personally

5 Likes

guys its not that serious

cough cough AA cough cough