Let us name our custom abilities

Let us name our custom abilities
effort 3.5 6 quality 3.833333333333333 6 reasonability 3.777777777777778 9

Is there a specific reason why we can’t do it? If so could someone tell me why.

Here are my counterpoints to the ones I can think of

“People will name their moves inappropriate things”
Have fun with Ultimate Art: ########. Also, Mages can already create Great Black Balls and Magnum Hardwood Balls and White Splash and Holy Golden Stream. Plus it’s not like ships aren’t named weird things with weird brig images. Plus there are characters named Mike Hawk anyway.

“There’s already a giant word database that would go to waste”
That database will be used for NPCs. Ships have a list of words and stuff, and we can still name our ships

“People would make misleading titles, like calling their plasma move Sword Draw: Flash Slash or naming their pulsar after a spear and their javelin after a pulsar”
I can name my ship [your Roblox username]'s Brig.

Reasons to add this

It would give you more customization and freedom outside of the words that already exist

We can name our ships so why not our moves? The players can responsibly name their ships, and moves are just as big a part in the game.

At the very minimum, change the system to how the notebooks do it where you can put them in any order and use multiple of the same word type in different orders to make names like “Frozen King’s Justice” or “Bullet Surge” or “Holy Magnum Shot” or “Fist of the Swaying Ocean.” This would be a middleground between typing it out and our current system

7 Likes

naming my ice pulsar “blast” and no one can tell the difference

1 Like

i’m naming all my spells “L”

2 Likes

give up

2 Likes

Makes sense, since we already have it with ship names. The only reason this isn’t a thing yet is probs cos of WoM where we had the set list of words.

This is the most likely outcome, don’t know why vetex is against custom names when people already bypass with clan/ship names.

4 Likes

i dont think pointing out issues and abuse of the current features with custom names is a justification to make it possible for attacks too

1 Like

I really wanna name my flash strike

‘Thunder Art: Blinding Strike’

zerkers can make an uppercut named “amazing head”

2 Likes

Ehhhhh… can we at least keep the old names? I mean, not everyone here is the most creative person. Nor are we willing to have a dictionary out while making our spells.

Also, I worry that if we have a filter applied, it may end up being applied to the old names. Rn there’s no need, as there’s a limit to how inappropriate players can make the names. But Roblox’s filters tend to be funky, especially if they detect anything remotely resembling a swear.

get a lightning mage and name all your spells “now!!!”

7 Likes

I like the end idea of letting us organize the selection of words, rather than it just being “adjective, ability, noun”
Also imo they should add more words in general. Like add Monsoon.

itd be cool to have a shadow warlock and name an ability “Black Flash”.

1 Like

the whole ‘you can choose anything’ part seems a bit potentially problematic, but I do really like the custom order to the names. That would already be a major improvement to spell naming .

the unedited ship names are in italic meanwhile those changed arent
so have normal names (from giant word database) be italic while custom names be normal

yes.

1 Like
1 Like

I’d rather not hear “rizz cannon” or “garten of ban ban???” every time someone attacks me

Bypasses exist, This allows for far worse names than the current system allows for.

The solution to a house fire is not to pour gasoline on it.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.