Lettuce goes to saint geroge/hurricane, Utah (Day 1)

Yeah, hey. I’m getting pretty stressed going on this trip, so I felt like I should make a forum post at the end of each day I’m here just so it’s a little easier to deal with it. Plus nobody really has been to desert, those are a little rare. I have anxiety for trips, I like consistency in my schedule but leaving cripples that, and we don’t even have a plan for tomorrow and Wednesday.
For now, mostly just wishing for Thursday to get here.

The drive

This was the part I was dreading the most out of the entire trip, but it oddly…. Wasn’t that bad?
We drove for about 3 hours. Then we stopped a place to get a lunch, specifically a Dairy Queen at a gas station. We got gas, and I got a burger to eat for lunch. I took it slowly because I had a little carsickness, due to using my phone a bit to help pass the time. I hate car rides.
I mostly played Jetpack joyride and talked on discord when I used my phone, but I mostly looked out the windows.
After we left the Dairy Queen, I fell asleep in the car and that skipped most of the rest of the way there. Shortly, we arrived at the house we’d be staying in for the next 2 and a half days.

The house

This house is much nicer than the house we live in. It’s got a surplus of rooms, so everybody has a place to sleep.
When we got out of the car and got our stuff, I unpacked in a room near the entrance to the house. Mom and dad also picked that room, as I picked the bunk. I unpacked the things I brought, including the stuffed animals I use for stress relief, and started settling in.
It wasn’t easy, unfortunately. The stress of being away from home kept going after my mind and haunting me like a ghost. After sitting with my mom and relaxing near her, playing some more Jetpack joyride too, I eventually recovered.
Dinner happened afterwards, which were pizzas cooked by my uncle. These things were seriously so good, I have no idea how they make them so well.
After dinner, all my little cousins wanted to go swim in the pool in the house’s backyard. Most of us got dressed, besides me who didn’t feel like swimming.
Waiting in the house for time to pass felt so slow and awful. Stress kept creeping up and swarming my brain, swarms of bugs trying to ruin me and my mood. I waited, and eventually crippled to stress in the room I picked.
From there, I felt I needed to see my mom again, so I went to the pool to see her again. As I was leaving the cousins sprayed me with a water gun, which didn’t feel nice and made me feel even worse. However, I eventually got in and talked to her. From there, my uncle gave me said gun and with my mom, we loaded it and sprayed my cousins. Heck, said uncle even positioned them to get sprayed in funny places. It was nice to feel that, but I shortly loss interest after my sisters splashed me again.
From there, I’m here where I am now.

I’ll make another post tomorrow about this, hopefully tomorrow is better.

5 Likes

you should use the water gun to surprise your cousins tomorrow

load it up with absolutely freezing water to assert dominance

or, preferably, your own piss

1 Like

boil the water.

Splash them with a whole bucket >:D

hurricane utah?? funaff!?!?!?!??!?!?! /j

you seem to have a lot of anxiety
cant relate my head is empty 90% of the time

We have a plan for today now, we’re doing like three different things:

• A hike that’s 1.8 miles
  • Children’s museum
  • Splash pad in like 105 degree weather lol
    And we’re going to resturaunt for dinner. Some sort of Jamaican place, though I might not like it.

Lack of a plan was what was making my head blow up from stress.

105 degrees :skull:
yea were basically the opposite since i hate making plans

Jamaican food can be spicy, prepare yourself :>

I’ll probably go to a nearby place.

My mom said there’s a place that has really good chicken nearby. And, I LOATHE AND DESPISE spicy foods. Yeah going there.

what is a Fahrenheit lol

anyways oh dear 40 degrees that’s hot even for our climate change enhanced summer

bro……