Lilly Lotus on a beach

A late birthday present for @LightClarity

I’m too late at creating this piece of work because I was being a perfectionist, but I go “suck it” and hope for the best than fixating for hours.

I also made a drawing of Lilly too! thought it was not too advanced due to my drawing skill limitation.

Explanation for the render

I started with the background by going and looking for a nice place, and after some exploring, I have to conclude that this image of Palo Town is the best.

I then start with the model, and instead of using a texture, I just use the flat material and shade it later after rendering

As an Indonesian, I tried to capture that “Bali” vibe, so I posed her in a style that captured that style of photography.

After rendering, I shade the character first, starting with her clothes

The idea is to capture that linen/wool shirt sailors wear at that time, while also having that “cottage core” vibe I want to capture.

I then started to adjust the lighting, which I don’t have much to say other than making the character belong to the background

You can compare this image to one that is done.

Explanation for the art

There isn’t much I can describe in the art, but the way I color is basically a simple multiply layer color layer on top of an uncolored art.

At first, I was a bit hesitant to lineart the art with pen, even though it doesn’t come out like a mangaka lineart, it’s right I suppose… tho I am quite dissatisfied, but it is better than nothing.

I hope you liked this art @LightClarity! It might not be the best, but it’s decent enough.

17 Likes

!!!

Holoholhohllhol gimmie a minute to inspect this beautiful creation!!

2 Likes

I don’t like… it… I LOVE IT
DUDE!! THIS IS AMAZING!! That 3D render is insane!!! It’s like seeing her outfit being legit in the game omg!!! The background and the lighting too!!It’s so mesmerizing:star_struck: It’s so cool!!! The textures turned out great!! And
your explanation was also so interesting, Getting to know the process!! and the physical drawing is super cute aswell!! NAHHH MANNN, These are way too high of a quality cmon!! I can’t believe it!!

I’m glad you loved the result!
it is a pleasure to model your character, as Lilly looks really good with that shirt.

ARARARRAR , THANK YOU SO MUCH!! For all of this!! and your hard work and time making this!!!

Good shit bruv keep it up

2 Likes