.literally just a zweihander

.literally just a zweihander https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/b/5/b5c6f08ef9715f5debcbde4b79f4a99bc6ed0139_2_1024x541.jpeg
effort 4.571428571428571 7 quality 4.571428571428571 7 reasonability 4.444444444444445 9

foreword: I have no idea how well this is going to go since people don’t usually suggest weapons, but i mean hey i don’t see anything against it in suggestion rules; there’s also the unknown factor of whatever’s already planned for the game but whatev

Proposal

Add a heavy-bladed strength zweihander.

Details/background on your proposal

A large, two handed sword of basic design

As aforementioned, the weapon would be an uncommon/rare, good quality, heavy bladed strength weapon, usable at level 120. Though it has no unique skills, Tempest or Mountain Wind could be replaced if it needs something additional to be worth adding; a possible suggestion is a hybrid between Tempest and Surge in the sense that the skill can be held for a longer duration, at the cost of a lower AoE. (Then again, giving hybrids surge at lvl 120 sounds like a terrible idea, this doesn’t necessarily need to be included)

The weapon’s affinities would be as follows:
Damage: 1.1
Casting Speed: 0.7
Projectile Speed: 0.5
Size: 1.1
The affinities are somewhat different from the other set of strength weapons, for the sole reason that a high-aoe greatsword would probably be stupidly powerful

Reason to add/change

• As several other build types haven’t received exclusive weaponry yet, this could definitely wait until during/after development of those weapons, but at the same time I don’t think it’d be too difficult to add

• Not much on this suggestion is completely solid, the main idea I want to emphasize is just that of a zweihander, as a strength weapon, at some point

• Though a version without unique skills would be a bit pointless gameplay-wise, it gives options to warlords in future seas + I think a lot of people would like it just for the sake of vanity

• big sword.

lets see how this goes

3 Likes

big sword, nice. also gonna like this cuz i main warlord. Cannonlord!
also new weapons would be cool.

add this to the game plz for my ice conjurer oc :pray:

The principle of War is to just have a bigger stick than other people

it isnt a want its a need

please do i want to cosplay frau faust

Press q to spawn an actual tornado on your position

Big sword is simply a part of life.

zweihander is cool
big sword always solves all my big problems

I have no problem with a zweihander but why would it be a strength weapon and not just a regular weapon anyone could use?

Like in a fantasy game where characters/players sometimes have inhumane strength. Why would a very strong person wield a weapon well engineered for a regular person when they could instead use something very unwieldly but still swing it fine and create tons of destruction.

Unless the zweihander was like two times longer than argos halberd then fine. I think its great. I’d just imagine a warlord heavy bladed weapon to look something like this:

“I want a spear but I don’t want to look like a peasant.” - Probably the first person who wanted a greatsword

1 Like

give it sparrow thrust but with range instead of tempest fr

yeah i mean like i took into account how zweihanders are (supposedly) meant to be relatively light for their size but at the same time the description for str weapons on the trello is quite literally just “weapons that are large” (which i agree is kind of stupid).
a zweihander being a greatsword variant would be interesting to see but hey im a bit biased

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.