Lore Theory for Wotan **Spoilers**

So if you already played the update and got to the end of the story this is for you.

All of the things from Woton’s army and such are named after norse mythos.
This being:
Tiwaz: unknown to me. (frostmetal curse (my favorite curse tbh))
Jarson: Hiemdall (Lunar)
Buldur: Buldur (Aether Curse (Bro robbed calvus’s corpse))
Donar: Thor (Lightning Curse (god of thunder))
Wotan: Odin (wood curse (Idk why))
Their ship: Fenrir is named after the giant wolf that took tyr’s arm off.

one thing that’s interesting is that donar is wotan’s eldest son, and the lightning curse has only recently entered circulation again with durza’s death, meaning donar only got it recently

why did wotan wait so long to give his first son a curse?

wood curse is by far one of the scariest curses we’ve heard of

its kind of cool to think about a wood curse user can make boats enhancing their naval forces

I have two theories for this.

1. Donar was simply the slowest at becoming as powerful as Wotan, and the latter wanted him to improve before cursing him
  2. Donar is an Order member and Wotan was somehow suspicious of him enough to put off giving him a Curse before his brothers

Given that the Nimbus Sea and some of the Vimir Sea will focus on the war rather than Order members, I’m guessing it’s Theory 1.

Maybe he was just powerful enough as a wizard (or whatever build he uses) and didn’t need a curse for anything other than the immortality. Also, the lightning curse is probably a must-have in the arcane universe

1 Like

Maybe because of the tree sacrifice myth? I dunno

1 Like

Maybe he really wanted him to specifically have the lightning curse, or he requires his sons to get their curses themselves and Donar was only able to find a curse recently.

“naval capabilities are the best.”
time to beat them (these are individual ideas unless stated otherwise)

• airstrike with cfist mortar mode (aim up and fire)
  • get in rowboat, get close to them and start blasting dem cfist, its too close range for canons, and what they gonna do? friendly fire onto their own team to kill a rowboat?
  • 100% air capacity + putting stats into power and attack speed, become a submarine that rapidly shoots torpedo’s
  • BOARD THE SHIP AND KILL EVERYONE ON BOARD, THESE SHIPS ARE SO GOOD YOU SAY?! WELL DONT MIND IF I TAKE ONE FOR MYSELF!
  • invis + any of the other strategies i mentioned
  • fuck it, forget using boats, they cant hit a player with canons/mortars, get an ice/magma/snow magic friend and tell them to repeatedly spam the sea with blasts to create a missle launch platform for your canon fist needs (enizor)
  • hell, why dont we just block them off? get a wood mage and tell em to pump the ocean with so much logs that it becomes a blockage, or get elsa enizor and tell him to do it!
  • INSANITY!! MAKE THEM TURN AGAINST EACHOTHER!!
  • SPEAKING OF POTIONS, WHY NOT JUST AIRSTALL + SPAM HARMING SUPERNOVAE?!
  • WHY JUST SUPERNOVAE? WHY NOT POWER GEL AS WELL?!
  • JUST AIRSTALL! THEY ARE SUITED FOR NAVAL COMBAT BUT THEY HAVE YET TO INVENT ANTI AIR DEFENSES!!! AIRSTEP, SWORD DRAW MIRRORED RIVER, MAGIC LEAP!! USE ANYTHING TO STAY IN THE AIR
  • invest into intensity, gives you more range (for some reason)
  • and last but not least, just throw something big/dense enough at em so their ship sinks, im looking at you, max attack size gold mage
  • there are probably more solutions but these are a few

edit: replaced ‘problem’ with ‘blockage’

Tiwaz is the rune of Tyr, a Norse god.
Which makes sense, considering Keraxe’s capital is in Jotunheim.
Baldur is also a reference to Norse mythos, being the son of Odin and Frigg.
I don’t recognize Jarson or Donar, but its likely they’re references to Norse mythos aswell.

or maybe durza never had the lightning curse because oops retcon!

the lore doc was recently just updated, and that was kept in

just guessing but we are going to get jumped by wotan somehow and be forced to engage.

also what is stopping us from just entering the ship or cutting a hole into the bottom

Jarson is likely named after Loki. Loki was sometimes referred to as Laufeyjarson.

I have a feeling Wotan’s sons are definitely going to fight over the throne. Wotan is a smart guy (probably), he probably noticed and want to supress their power. Maybe he wants to use them against eachother so if one revolts the other three can destroy him.

maybe he started with the youngest then since he would be weaker than the eldest so that the oldest doesn’t just destroy the younger ones right now so he gets the throne