Lost Fighting Style (Urchin Fist)

Lost Fighting Style (Urchin Fist)
effort 4.666666666666667 6 quality 3.8 5 reasonability 3.714285714285714 7

Urchin Fist Style
(A lost fighting style)
When it comes to traveling the dark sea you will meet strange creatures and environments. What if one was to use some of this to their advantage? Inside the dark atmosphere and accursed islands lies within the treasures a long-lost style of fighting designed by the Atlanteans from their insanity. A style that utilizes a creature of the deep to dish out blows of intense poisoning. A style that uses the power of sea urchins formed out of dark deep-sea magic. It grants the user heightened endurance and immunity to Water Poisoning.

I came up with the idea because of the accessory iron spiked gloves and wanted to make something related to fighting styles.

Overview:
Urchin fist style is a fighting style that causes the player to form dark purple sea urchins on their hands from dark magic to strike opponents (think of the ones you see under water in game). All attacks would apply the Poisoned effect and Water Poisoning if Aura is Active. It would also grant endurance to the effect Water Poisoning reducing their duration and damage to help in dark sea exploration.

The style would have high damage and high attack size with less speed. Since this is a lost style, I did make some stats a bit higher than I would making a normal fighting style.

All attacks apply the Poisoned effect on contact no matter the damaged dealt for 20 seconds and Water Poisoning for 3 seconds if Aura is active.
Fighting style damage: 0.65x + 0.65x + Aura 6% Max HP for a total of 1.3x + 6% Max HP
Fighting style Speed: 0.925x
Fighting style size: 0.95x
Fighting style Attributes: Reduces the damage and duration of water poisoning by 50% (Turns to 1% max HP a second for 2.5 minuets).

Abilities:
Crash: Dive forward dealing damage by using your strength and momentum.
Smash: Slam down dealing damage in a large area size.
Shockwave: Shoot out purple ripples that deal damage in a large area size.
Rushdown: Dive forward grabbing the nearest target to deal damage once or multiple times.
Shot: Shoot out an urchin spike that can deal damage at a medium range.
Focus: Channel your inner strength and poison yourself for 10 seconds dealing 1% of you HP each second and apply Water Poisoning for 3 seconds (This can never kill you and stat increase is 10% more than base). NOTE: Aura has a lower level requirement being equal to rushdown. Also adds flowing dark blue water around fist when active visually.
Air-step: Leap into the air using the deep dark sea magic.

Synergies:

Deals 10% more to bleeding, soaked, and crystallized targets.

Deals 5% more to corroding and burning targets.

Imbuement:

All attacks apply poisoned, and water poisoning if Aura is Active.

Gives a dark purple hue effect to weapons.

Synonyms:

-Spiked

-Sharp

-Needle

-Sting

-Stinging

-Poisoning

-Urchin

-Urchin’s

-Dark sea’s

-Poison

-Poisoned

-Venom

-Venomous

-Toxic

-Toxin

-Atlantean

-Thorn

-Cursed

Obtainment:

Scroll has a 1% chance of being obtained in dark sealed chests in ranges 2 or above. (1/100 chests)

Recap:

Urchin fist is a rare lost fighting style that can be found in the dark sea. It focuses on the use of sea urchins found from the bottom of the sea in order to strike. It has great size and damage at a heavy cost of speed. It focuses more on DOT rather than raw damage.

It would also serve to be useful in dark sea expeditions as it lowers the damage and duration of water poisoning. It has synergies with water, fire, crystal, and anything that applies bleeding making it versatile with many magics and weapons while also being useful with other fighting styles such as Thermo Fist and Sailor Fist.

I would like to hear your ideas and critiques to help further improve other future suggestions.

(Edit: this post was Edited after critiques from the replies below to help further improve this suggestion. I wanted Water poisoning to be something in this style even if it must be nerfed or reworked)

2 Likes

It’s an interesting idea but a warlock using this and water magic to inflict water poisoning on top of the regular poison sounds incredibly obnoxious along with their incredibly high AOE and Damage.

It’s like Iron Leg but DOT.

1 Like

gave me an idea

1 Like

I was for this idea but this is unironically the worst sentence I’ve ever seen a suggestion have ever.

This is like 5 steps beyond simply “creating a new meta”

2 Likes

Water poisoning only deals 2% max Hp per second. I guess in my head with the current regeneration that it wouldn’t be to much damage. Even so removing it wouldn’t kill the style and i would be find without it. you could also just reduce the duration to something like 3 seconds.

reconsider please just remove it entirely

This idea is very creative

1 Like

About what I expected from the name. Big no to water poisoning; it’s 2% damage every second (10% max hp damage with your proposed numbers). Closest thing would be poison II or something.

Doesn’t help that you actually want water poisoning to be a main effect.

So it’s like a DOT heavy fighting style? Issue is that the total damage output isn’t very good for a 30% speed defecit. Stats are also kinda… average? for a lost fighting style. And it’s not like it has a particularly unique gimmick to make up for it; it’s basically just a lot poison but low base damage.

I’ve never played a DOT build, but I’m pretty sure this fighting style’s dps would suck (without water poisoning) because it has half damage and a dot that only adds up to iron leg. Hitting the target again would only refresh the status, which doesn’t make it deal damage any faster.

Doesn’t this kinda invalidate any poison user? This effect is too matchup dependent.

Overall, the fighting style is mechanically not very unique for a lost magic aside from the silly stats (which are bad). The theme is kinda close to a lost magic, but I would do a little more than “sea urchin on hand”. (Maybe something about growing spines or some other solid-but-not-bone-organic-material like chitin or cartilage)

If people ignored the blatantly overpowered water poisoning synergy, then they’d just see a really simple DOT fighting style with unbalanced numbers (Main reason why you really don’t want to put specific numbers in suggestions, ever). A DOT focused fighting style isn’t a bad idea; I think it would be interesting with the rushdown playstyle of fighting styles, but this isn’t it.

1 Like

A well crafted idea. Personally I’d prefer lost fighting styles have unique gimmicks instead of forcing one to use certain imbuements to unlock its full potential but this does reminiscent Steam imbue somewhat, which is always a welcomed addition.

On the topic of lost FSs with basic gimmicks
cough cough vampirism cough

The passive could use a rework, though. Unconditional damage reduction against particular builds isn’t fun; any League/Dota player can agree on that. Perhaps giving it some kind of DoT detonation effect (like instantly applying 5 ticks of DoT and reducing the duration by 5 ticks) to offset poison’s long but high DoT.

1 Like

Neat idea but the ability to apply water poisoning and resist poison users sounds REALLY op.

…also, make “Thorn” a synonym

1 Like

I kinda see the point about the reduce on poisoned damage as a league player i know how annoying can be Kassidin as a mage(This relates to another reply) . I would still like to the keep the Water poisoning as i also what it to be used in dark sea exploration. After reading most of the feedback i have been given i think removing poisoned is what i want. i want this style to focus on water poisoning. If i did remove normal poisoned and just had “it inflicts water poisoning for 5 seconds” and make soaked just a slight damage buff of 10%, with poisoned 5%, and 10% for bleeding/Crystalized.

I did just urchins on fist to give kinda a visual starter since it would be easier to code and add. I’m not a game designer so i want to be careful with the stats. I guess your also right about DOT maybe buffing the base would help a lot in damage, especially if i removed normal poisoned and replaced it with water poisoning.

Thank for telling me your input other then just says this “suck lmao”. Giving theses critiques and views is the only way to improve on it.

1 Like

very good concept, but the water poisoning part is too op, nerf it

just cut a hole in an urchin and stick your fists in and if your not grosslike that that use the urchin spines with cannon fist and chuckem

they should make an atlantean version of spiked iron fists and just make them urchins

now make an lost fighting style of sailor style

Cool, but mechanically speaking not too unique

1 Like

That would just be better sailor fist. i don’t want make a suggestion on something that would just be a better variant.

nobody is getting allat, thats 250 dark sealeds for one scroll on average
easily over 5 expeditions into ins 2

cooking!
good idea also the acid and plasma warlock when they get their hands on this move will be very happy