Lost Spell Suggestion-Bind

So, this might be a strange and possibly unfair suggestion, if anyone has already suggested this its big bruh

Bind is a Spell type that, as it name suggests, binds enemies in place
Bind would deal very low constant damage and slight stamina drain to the enemy, as well as applying the status effect of said magic, you are able to use all spells when enemy is binded

Magic power cost increases exponentially

To Balance the stun, any attack recieved by the enemy when binded would have its damage reduced by 50% (EG, You launch a 100 damage blast, but it would only deal 50 if Binded), in addition, the Bind is instantly removed once you have damaged the enemy in any other way other than the Bind

Possible Customizations
Casting Type, You could either launch a projectile that binds nearby enemies, or a Explosion-like spell that creates a magic circle which binds anyone inside. Projectile casting type would reduce the duration of the stun, as well as not affecting stamina (This disables the Drain modifier), also the projectile should move at about Walking speed, as this is mainly better for Aerial combat and not trying to snipe runners lmfao

Duration, the longer the duration, the more magic power you consume while active, you also deal lesser and less damage
Drain, this is a Y/N checkmark, if Drain is selected, it would change whether if it drains their Stamina or not, If you select N, your damage is slightly increased (10-15%?)
Size, the area in which enemies are affected by the drain, the smaller it is the less Magic Energy you will use

Magic’s that can stun could have its effect (Frozen, Shocked, Paralyzed etc…) continue for a small amount of time even after the bind has ended

Thats about it i guess, not sure what to add next, not sure if this is too broken or weak lmao

Edit:Forgot about the how to escape part lmfao
-Npc’s will automatically escape after 4-10 seconds, relative to your own level
-Using any Self Explosion attack(or any attacks?) or fully charging your Magic energy will allow you to dissipate it, elemental clash rates would apply here (Example, A Fire user using Self explosion after getting Binded by a Water User would dissipate the bind, but will be slowed down , the length of this slowness is proportional to the clash rates)
-Bosses would have a animation (?) that shows them bursting the binds as soon as its used on them, but this has frames and the boss is Stuck in the animation until its over, which you could attack during the animation (Only like 1 seconds, no cheese)

Also, 8 seconds use cooldown

kinky

3 Likes

oh so like shadow’s F move from AA?

maybe to nerf it the projectile could be like really slow
it’s a risk reward kinda thing since missing it makes you lose a lot of magic energy but if you hit it you’ve basically gotten a solid 500 damage on your opponent

Somewhat yeah, but instead of single hit damage its long low DPS with stamina drain, also escapable (see edit), with a large AOE, since this is gonna be a lost spell and Shadow F is just a regular one

Dirty fireworks.

1 Like

man of culture

why so many weebs in this thread

Too op

Ikr. Still can level huge chunks of your opponent’s hp.

Hm, let me think about this

With the 50% damage reduction, the strongest gold user (Currently) with full charge and glass cannon build would deal around 150-170, and would dissipate the bind instantly

The Bind would only deal about 2-7 damage per second

This might be better in the future tbh, and not now, bc of power scaling and the 50% reduction would be much more detrimental in the future

And if it’s an Ice bind?, it only loses 10% of it’s original damage and with a 20% pillar it would do ~450.

Wait are pillars that strong now?

They always have been

Wait how are pillars even scaled, bc I remember testing them quite a while ago and it barely dealing more than the explosion

This isn’t even a full glass cannon build so this can go higher.

Ight bruh time to change my spells lmfao

With the damage reduction though, I was thinking it should be applied after all damage calculations are finished

It’s near impossible to hit in pvp so nobody uses it, even to counter a self explosion, it’s too hard. But this bind thing would make it guaranteed.

Tbf, most explosion spells would be useless when hover comes out

I think you’re forgetting they can hover too…
And they’re easier to hit than blasts