Magic Council Poll

it reminds me of that recent meme where its
“media villain” then “actual villain” where we see the council as good but they turn out to be the actual villains

I definitely agree with this. Though to be fair, that whole redemption thing is a legitimate issue in work places with the real world. In the Arcane World though, it’s deeefinitely a lot easier to self-sustain by getting an independent job. Just be a wandering merchant or something.

Not exactly,
there isn’t that much of a market for that,
you’d have to travel constantly,
etc

Keep in mind this is a medieval-level-cultural world, where businesses in cities rely heavily upon your prior parents and how they taught you to continue the family business

if you became a bounty hunter or whatever, your reputation would be shitty, no one would trust you with remotely sensitive jobs

Magic council are villains >:c

They aren’t villians, they might be fairly shitty, but they do genuinely keep the peace in magius

Managing to keep all the different cultures and people and wizards together without total anarchy?
you gotta give em some credit for that.

Lol so they do a shitty job .-.

There are no good governments, after all. You can’t appease close to anyone. For all it’s worth, I say the MC does a fairly good job.

i think critiquing the architectural design is pretty fair play considering vetex probably put a lot of effort in world building and planned things out. the entire design is to invoke some sort of intimidation and strength around the whole region. and yeah i do disagree with your stance on death penalty so i tried hard to avoid mentioning the ethics of it so we are gonna change topics to

the fact that i am pretty sure the quest is going to be canon. they are a bunch of things on the trello which are subject to change, but i think the core idea of the quest is going to be the same. so the mention of havoc near the border is important because later you find out that one of the people in charge of the city is allowing this. so this points out that there is confirmed corruption happening in the internals of MC. another quest i wish to point out is the rebellion where the magic council is outright denying and squashing multiple cities from gaining independence. instead of respecting their decision, they, yet again, send the player to be an insurgent and destroy them from the inside.

i think it’s pretty safe to admit that the magic council are scummy and are also oppressive in order to keep their grasp of control on the entire continent.

Seperating themselves from the rest of Magius is one thing. They are basically proclaiming war against the Magic Council. They probably could’ve just done it quietly and peacefully if self-governing was their biggest goal.

that’s cute

even if they said they wanted to “quietly” and “peacefully” do it,
they’d be denied, or just out-right conquered again.

“wish to have wars to the extent they wish and not have to pay tribute to other cultures for them to survive”
The cultures that want to split don’t want to just govern themselves, they want to do whatever the fuck they want, and kill whoever the fuck they want.

even if the magic council made an “exception” for increased self-rule, they still in no way in hell they’d allow wars

it does state “to the extent they wish” which implies that there are already wars but are strictly enforced by the magic council. it seems to me that the magic council is okay with wars but not any wars that take a long time or something to that degree

If this would be true, the whole WoM storyline would be a whole clusterfuck.

Magic Council: Basically Twist Villains

Good Rep Players: Indirectly Helping the Magic Council, making them villains.

The Rebellion: Fighting the Twist Villains however also harassing borders and other towns other than the ones that are supporting/directly working for them. In short, Villains.

Bad Rep Players: Literal Murderhobos who flatten whole cities and kill rando civilians for fun. I can’t see anything here that says these guys AREN’t villains.

That one Bad Rep Organization that I can’t remember the name of: …what do I have to say? Villains.

Now’s a better time than any to go full Neutral.

The original founders Trigno, Averill and some other unnamed definitely tried to make it as fair as possible S̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶m̶m̶y̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ Since they did felt the tyranny of the Arcane Government and know what it feels like. The people who work for them are brainless dimwits who don’t know the difference between building and criminals.

I honestly didn’t think of that, but that’s idea is good.

I’m trying to find a mystery genre aspect I could write about.

1 Like

just make it so there is a collective group of corrupt magic council members, whilst there are those who are loyal to really protecting the people and stopping dark wizards, bandits etc.

theres also the thought of council spies watching what people do. now i wouldnt want them too annoying here, but you can give them a different state of mind here if they had a spy that spies on a legendary hero and if they lower their reputation a little bit, the spy just straight away goes off to tell a captain cus yanno… spies will be spies.
theres also the thought of a collection of spies that just observes the lower reputations/bad guilds to see what doings they have planned.

1 Like

I actually bet there are spies… how else will they know when I steal private chests :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yeah right??? haha like youll never know there could be a council spy on top of a roof in summers hold somewhere while youre on your way to the bank literally doing nothing but stare stare stare
and when they hear a boom in the bank, they just somehow super jump to the council camp or tower and come after you

Arcane Government never took on an antagonist role in AA. why would the magic council, which is less corrupt than the AG, take on that kind of role