Magic element ideas

just an idea that came up to me, a magic element concept that i made up

“Illusion” Magic - a mutation of light magic

(credit to tobi for making the magic circle base, this was done in 10 minutes so it looks mega scuffed (oops i said mutation but used the ao magic circle instead of the aa one like a dumbass!!!))

as most people would know, your eyes can perceive light, every image you see is a product of light, this text, your hands, anything that you can detect with your eyes.

illusion magic can bend and distort light to create false images and visual hallucinations to confuse and disorient your enemies, being able to be invisible to them as you’re standing right in front of them, or even distorting how they see their surroundings, how they see colors or making them see things that just aren’t there, such as fake images of enemies running towards them

before some smartass feels the need to say it, yes, this would be absolutely fucking useless against a blind person

4 Likes

From my point of view, honestly this more to cursed magic than magic, since this magic element concept you create can drive people’s mind to crazy

Still it would be cool if vetex actually put this in AO storyline :eyes:

Everyone: ITS OP!

Me who constantly using magic sensing: I dont have such weakness

yeah, didn’t feel the need to mention that using it to become invisible would be about as effective as shadow cloaking. being able to inflict illusions can still be terrifying, regardless

adding to this thread, not an idea for a unique element but a concept for how “healing” magic could work ((ingame))

every spell under this element has an extra toggle in the customization menu which lets you set it to damaging or healing. healing heals targets, and damaging just deals damage, twice as much as healing does

damaging attacks done with healing magic will apply the “overstimulated” status effect, which makes the target more sensitive to stun-type status effects (frozen, petrified, paralyzed, etc). this means that the damage requirement for the status effect to be applied is cut in half (33% → 17%) and the duration is increased (0.7 → 1.4?)

“overstimulation” causes the enemy to become more sensitive to pain, making them more sensitive to paralysis. it does not make them take more damage, so it wouldn’t necessarily have interactions that have to do with increasing damage

hi sheep, yes i stole your concept

1 Like

i think bone magic would be pretty cool

1 Like

I think some kind of antimatter type magic or radiation magic would be cool

1 Like

How would a blast with illusion magic work?

I also has the idea of Necro magic. Mainly geared towards damage, looks like green and black lightning, here’s the kicker though. Anyone it kills will get back up as an undead thrall that follows the caster around, attacking any enemies nearby.

uno reverse card magic?!

A magic that shuts down other forms of magic, antimagic.

when are we getting foliage magic

imagine understimulation/depression (not the emotoional type) that decreases stamina and magic energy regeneration, max level will make the enemy fucking suffocate to death

plant magic genuinely where’s it at