Magic is bad for humanity

nothing is inherently bad, we’re asking if magic is bad for humanity, not if magic is bad period

you’ll never guess my stance on money

did you forget about muggles?

please I beg of you
stop bringing up harry potter

read what i was replying to…

replying to it only makes it worse :pensive:

anyways, what is your opinion on money :troll:

its… bad

:flushed: epic

what sorcery have you conjured this time

We aren’t talking about harry potter I hate this thread so much why did I even make it

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s canon that wizards don’t understand muggle technology (which is superior)

epic race war time

going to move away from the harry potter shit because its starting to tangle up, but unless there’s some rule stating that the user of the magic system can’t use science (in AU, there isn’t)

(and even then, wizards would probably still easily be able to quash any scientific movements before they picked up pace via imperio/avada kedavra/the many explosion spells. think a VASTLY more competent catholic church)

ANYWAY

the problem with AU’s type of magic (and any type of scaled power system) is that it inherently creates inequality within certain people. whether that be between those without magic, and those with magic, those with weak magic, and those with powerful magic, etc.

this destabilizes the social contract completely. a significant portion of the social contract weighs on the fact that if you go decide to start killing people, you will be stopped by those around you.

if you don’t have that, then eventually that contract will erode and society will start to crumble, as those born with powerful magic realize that they can pretty much do whatever they want, and those under them can’t really do shit about it.

this WILL destroy society over the course of a few months, and what will be left in its wake is something out of mad max.

wait what???
nvm, magic is incredibly good for humanity :+1:

2 Likes

posturing as supporting mad max scenarios instead of actual anarchism is pretty cringe optically ngl…

I am a lot like the Joker from the film Joker (2019)

1 Like

true

this thread is bad for humanity

6 Likes

i like it

Humanity is shit, magic is shit, I am shit, so let’s add more shit!